PK-83 : SdKfz. 251/1 Hanomag (1976 / 1986) - Finished

I can't see the wing sprues in that kit Adrian? 

Looking forward to seeing what type of magic you can spin with this kit. Those parts all look pretty neat and crisp to me and no one would begrudge you if you decide to just pay it safe and go OOB with this one. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Haha 1

Couldn’t sleep, sick of SPADs, wanted some nocturnal modelling:

CC3680-F5-4145-427-D-B391-D2-E7-E3-E9-D9

This kit is pretty much building itself. I just wave glue at it now and then.

C4-E34281-C97-E-49-BD-8-AFE-A693-DAA0-E2

I remember on my Airfix Grant build for the MTO GB I spent ages trying to work out what was sprocket and what was sprue, and even then had to whittle everything to get the tracks to fit. Not so here. Matchbox provided really delicate sprue gates between the teeth, which fit perfectly into the holes in the track. The track joining mechanism is really neat, and the bodywork pretty much clicks together. 

I am very impressed with it all so far. I clearly haven’t built enough Matchbox armour!

• Like 11

I have continued waving the glue at it, and parts keep getting added:

1-BE54-D9-B-4900-4-C35-A1-CB-48-FFE2-D29

I’ve added a bit more detail in the drivers compartment and painted it (off-) white to add some interest, and I’ve added some wildly over scale rear door hinges too. I will probably add some random military junk to the inside as well.

I ended up dotting the holes in the wheels with dilute black, and I have a cunning plan (TM) to get some track sag going:

8-BB520-A8-ADB4-4-F61-8-ED2-18-FC2-E9-E1

I found a super picture on Alamy (which I obvs can’t post here) that has yielded a scheme and a vignette idea for this build.

And in the background you can see my last SPAD getting some love today too…

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Ratch said:

Signal Passed At Danger?

Société Pour L'Aviation et ses Dérivés

I’ve been building five SPADS (4x XIII + 1x VII) in the aircraft WIP thread, most of which have complicated colour schemes and all of which have fiddly teeny-tiny rigging. That clears my stash of SPADs and I have no immediate plans to re-stock :)

• Like 1

Finished waving glue, waved a first coat of panzer grey (Hu 67) and voila:

BBBFD59-D-9706-4-D8-F-87-A4-9944-E6-A10-

It needs another coat and some weathering but I’m pretty chuffed with it as it is and would definitely recommend it. I have a vignette in mind but frankly I’m tempted to finish it pretty much straight and pick up another subject

• Like 10

Wow! You can tell a popular group build - I put this down for a few days and I’m on page 7! anyhow, I got another coat of grey on and started dry brushing and washing to make it more lived in. I’ve also got a first colour on the tracks and given them some track sag:

6-C8-D2-FBB-11-B9-44-C0-9278-01-C20-C510

I need to touch up the tyres as the dry brushing has made them all grey again! I’m planning to do a winter overpainted camo vignette, sadly without the jumping man, who is, I admit, a most excellent figure.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, TimJ said:

Great job so far Adrian. Good to hear that it goes together well as I've got one in the stash waiting for the Armoured car & Half track GB. 

A Matchbox kit, being built somewhere other than this GB ! :weep:

• Haha 2