Another Ma.k Sternail. The Ausf F

Are we ready for paint? 'Cos the model was, so I threw some on there.

bf2qJxm.jpg

It was a sunny day (for once) and so I set up yer basic garden spray booth, powered by my ancient compressor.

Not sure what's happened to the colour. I mixed up a devils brew of Tamiya drab and white to get a pale drab. Here it looks blue/grey?

2oiESSw.jpg

I really must jet wash the slabs this spring! You can see the basic airbrush (Badger). It does the job though.

zBY1oBU.jpg

See, these show the (more or less) correct shade. Most odd. I blame the new batteries I put in the camera.

ER3XXh4.jpg

Again, this shade is a bit more like it. Please ignore the multi shaded fence panels in the background. I'll get around to them.

SjqjRBL.jpg

In close up. I've found a few places where joints needed a small bit of filler. Not bad for a bunch of disparate parts though.

Overall I'm pretty pleased so far. Next session I'll rub down the filler and touch up the paint where required.

I've sorted out a load of small decals for warning panels/serial numbers etc so they can go on later, after a coat of semi gloss.

Oh, nearly forgot, yesterday I coated the black parts of the solar panels with Tamiya clear orange. It's given them a nice sheen.

Thanks for popping by. Please attach a first class stamp (Now 95p!!!) to any comments, or chocolate coated biscuits. Thank you.

Pete

• Like 11

Looks great in paint. Real space conqueror.

P.S. I have no biscuits, it's Sunday evening, none of them survived the weekend. Browser cookies will probably not satisfy you?

• Haha 1

Twelve days since the last update! Disgusting is wot I call it. Many apologies. Last weekend was spent on Family stuff*, Mostly chasing Grand Daughters around!

I did finish work early on a couple of days this week, so I managed to get the unit/Squadron markings masked and sprayed. I can unmask them tomorrow.

Then I need to touch up the overall colour and do the camouflage. The weather is supposed to be good, so I hope to get pictures for you afterwards.

*And picking up my new car from down near Peterborough on Saturday.

• Like 2

Update time, with FREE added pictures!

I did some masking, painting and tidying up this morning. So here we go with the visuals...

vm8t9ax.jpg

First though, this isn't mine. It's just to show that circles are a Kreiger thing. And with that in mind, I used a few on the build.

KGkkwLb.jpg

Circles. I just used some tank wheel masks that I got cheap from big H. 

lGT6kWi.jpg

And, what other colours was I going to use for the unit/Squadron badge? I do have a decal to go on there too.

UE0cOom.jpg

It's an odd colour. More brown than green. But why can't a spaceship be a dull colour? This is far away from the Star Trek universe.

nEKhUpc.jpg

More circles on the left side. There are lots of decals to go on, detail painting and weathering to be done.

Thanks for looking in, your comments are always welcome. Cheers, Pete

• Like 9

Thanks. Yes, I like the circles, different. Though what use they'd be in space I don't know.

I got most of the decals done today, it's brightened things up & added a little something.

The weathering & detail painting should add even more. That will be next weekend though.

They've only seen a picture of the new car so far. No child seat in the back though.

It's nothing fancy, a 1.4 commuter to get me to work & back. Nice drive though, and 50mpg!

• Like 1

Brilliantly painted. I really like the flag. If you want to add something like that I suggest

ПТН ПНХ

They are the Ukrainian letters PTN PNCH: abbreviation of words commanding one gentleman with a high level of aggression to go away) 😉

The lettering is so simple that you can try to make a template and paint it

Edited by voozet
My poor English
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:37 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Update time, with FREE added pictures!

I did some masking, painting and tidying up this morning. So here we go with the visuals...

vm8t9ax.jpg

First though, this isn't mine. It's just to show that circles are a Kreiger thing. And with that in mind, I used a few on the build.

KGkkwLb.jpg

Circles. I just used some tank wheel masks that I got cheap from big H. 

lGT6kWi.jpg

And, what other colours was I going to use for the unit/Squadron badge? I do have a decal to go on there too.

UE0cOom.jpg

It's an odd colour. More brown than green. But why can't a spaceship be a dull colour? This is far away from the Star Trek universe.

nEKhUpc.jpg

More circles on the left side. There are lots of decals to go on, detail painting and weathering to be done.

Thanks for looking in, your comments are always welcome. Cheers, Pete

Mysterons!

• Haha 1