Skyraider AEW.1

8 hours ago, cardiff guy said:

Nice finish, hope mine turns out as well.

Thanks Cardiff Guy, you will enjoy it  it's a lovely kit. 

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely build and finish Chris - I hope it met with Dad's approval?

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger very kind and thanks for your support and encouragement during the build.  Got the seal of approval over the weekend so very pleased too.

4 hours ago, Wulfman said:

I agree, Westland should have built the Spad under licence, maybe they could have called it the Westland Wyoming .

Wulfman

I kicked it 😃

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Excellent build on the Skyraider , nice work !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman very kind of you. Sorry for late reply as didn't realise it had gone to two pages!!!

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is a wonderful result with this Chris, you've made it look fantastic. 👍 It is also good to hear good things about the kit, gives me hope for mine come the day. :)

Steve

Thanks Steve , very kind too, very pleased with it   you will like the kit, it goes together well.

2 hours ago, canberraman said:

A quite delightful build of a type and variant that the big kit companies have strangely omitted over the year. Well done, she looks great!

Mark

Thanks Mark , kind of you too fella,  yes it is quite idd really that it has been overlooked like that, I was looking at the 48th Italeri/Esci kit but had avoided and saw this kit and glad I did.

Thanks all

Chris

• Like 1

Chris, I had the old ESCI kit (and it was in the ESCI box - this is from a long time ago). Although I've pretty much abandoned 1/48th scale kits, as I was collecting them and never building them, I still wish I had that kit. I realise it's probably not up to modern 1/48th scale standards, but I remember it as being a nice kit. Wulfman, I don't know if you're being ironic, but I kind of like 'Westland Wyoming' - it has a certain 'ring' to it!

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

Chris, I had the old ESCI kit (and it was in the ESCI box - this is from a long time ago). Although I've pretty much abandoned 1/48th scale kits, as I was collecting them and never building them, I still wish I had that kit. I realise it's probably not up to modern 1/48th scale standards, but I remember it as being a nice kit. Wulfman, I don't know if you're being ironic, but I kind of like 'Westland Wyoming' - it has a certain 'ring' to it!

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,  oh man, I was going on something,  can't now remember where , I should have given it a look.  I think the Italeri kit is a rebox of it with new parts , I better not go for another though just yet, as just put the Airfix Spitfire IX on back order and I will be in trouble with the Domestic authorities if I do!!!

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like that Chris and I love the D Flight markings,......... I have a soft spot for the Skyraider AEW.1 myself and you have got it off to a tee mate. Glad to hear that the Sword kit is good too as I have  few to build myself.  Nice one mate,

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJP said:

Looks great Chris, I might have to get me one I think

CJP

Thanks CJP,   I really enjoyed this one  definitely recommended 

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

I do like that Chris and I love the D Flight markings,......... I have a soft spot for the Skyraider AEW.1 myself and you have got it off to a tee mate. Glad to hear that the Sword kit is good too as I have  few to build myself.  Nice one mate,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, glad you like it, I was lucky enough to find a Model decal 72/044 sheet that had the D flight markings on Ebay just at the right time.   The Centaur C is there too so it had to be WV106.   I also used Avalon decals Skyraider roundels and a few decals from the Kit.  The kit is nice  just test fit as per short run kits and the Pitot is on the opposite wing to the instructions.   You will enjoy them .

Thanks guys 

Chris

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

You are top form Chris, I can't keep up! Lovely Skyraider, what a finish!

Thanks Cookie, very kind of you .  I do like having multiple builds on the go and helps keep the Mojo levels high.  

Really enjoyed the Skyraider, have wanted to do one for ages and tge Sword kit is lovely.

Thanks

Chris 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cngaero said:

Great work Chris.

If mine turns out to be half as good as yours, I'll be a happy bunny.

Thanks cngaero, that's very kind.  I am sure you will enjoy the kit and it will turn out very well.  The kit is very good and I found it just needed some small additions really. 

Chris