Matchbox PK-601 Supermarine Stranraer - 11 months in the making it's finally done!

• Quiet Mike changed the title to Matchbox PK-601 Supermarine Stranraer - 11 months in the making it's finally done!

Thats a brilliant job, a wonderful Stranraer from the old kit. Like you, when I was in my youth I failed dismally with a biplane, except mine was a Frog Blackburn Shark. Ive still never completed one. Well done for this beauty 2nd time around.:clap2:

Pete

• Thanks 1

Mike, I don`t know what I am impressed with more, the results you had with this “oldie but goodie” tooled kit or that you even attempted it in the first place.  While I prefer the more modern tooled kits, there is always a greater sense of satisfaction when a older or poorly tooled kit is completed to the level you have shared with us here.  

Congratulations on the outstanding results!!!!! :worthy:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Mike,

That's a stunning build - the level of finish is superb. It has been a most interesting WIP to follow as well - congratulations on a top model!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

That's lovely work, Mike. I remember being struck by the size of the example at the RAF Museum at Hendon a few years ago and thinking seriously about doing this very kit - it would never have been done as well as yours!

• Thanks 1