Supermarine Stranraer Revell issue !!!

Hello, my comrades in plastic madness. Finally, we have the Matchbox GB. I had been waiting for that for a long time, and the last one was three years ago. Now I can go crazy and build one of these beautiful classic kits. I love flying boats and floats planes. Therefore it must be one of many issued by Matchbox.

The choice is hard, and my dilemma was to choose between  Stranraer and Dornier Do 18. Maybe I will do both if will be enough time.
Nevertheless, the winner is Supermarine Stranraer. The classic lovely flying boat. I don't know if I should build it with an extensive interior or add some extras only on the exterior. 

QOSgVWs.jpg

I will be building the 240 squadron version from Jan. 1941. It is one of two inbox paint schemes.  

2DZvpzg.jpg

ZxtExxf.jpg

Bellow some pictures of her from different periods and locations. Isn't she beautiful?  

dsbtk8u.jpg

FzDrONp.jpg

4wwASr9.jpg

W1DSlCQ.jpg

Edited by Franz75
spelling
  • Like 12

• Franz75 changed the title to Supermarine Stranraer Revell issue !!!

Great to see you once again @Franz75 and your choice of Matchbox kit is certainly a very popular one. There are many of us who still have these lovely kits stashed, however with so many being built here it will be heard not to get inspired and make a start.  

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...