Airfix Mk.IXc in 1/24.

I'm a bit confused by the absence of the MUSCAT marking for ML214 5J-K, one of the kit's options. I put the full post in the Aircraft WW2 section (Mods, please move it if it's the wrong place).

Cheers,

On 11/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, Troy Smith said:

Many of the bubble top canopies had faulty mouldings

Looking at the review sprue shots, are those not a pair of shorter ailerons, just above the 'G'  ?

sprue6.jpg

......................................................................................................................^^^^^^^these^^^^^^^^

The moulding line is not a fault, it’s part of the manufacturing process. The short aileron parts are the lower halves of the full size equivalent on the real aircraft. It’s all in the instructions.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Any sign of these appearing at retailers? None of my usuals (Hannants, Models2U, EModels) have it yet.

Nope. :(

But as long as it's under the...

🎄Christmas Tree :xmasparty:

I'll be happy!

(memories of 1970)

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 7:46 PM, Johnson said:

I'm a bit confused by the absence of the MUSCAT marking for ML214 5J-K, one of the kit's options. I put the full post in the Aircraft WW2 section (Mods, please move it if it's the wrong place).

Cheers,

The word muscat is on the decals sheet

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2022 at 14:24, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

Christmas tree 

You will be l.ucky to get it for Xmas, well some may and some may not.

See my main page.

Not good!

Fortunately I'm in no rush for mine, but a lot of the smaller retailers will probably miss out on sales and a decent bit of profit in the run up to Christmas when people cancel and order elsewhere.

12 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Not good!

Fortunately I'm in no rush for mine, but a lot of the smaller retailers will probably miss out on sales and a decent bit of profit in the run up to Christmas when people cancel and order elsewhere.

Showing back in stock on the Airfix page now for dispatch this week. One of the advantages of not having to wait for new stock from India.

• Like 1

From Hannants ‘Future Releases’ email this morning:

Airfix

Aircraft kits (injection)

AX17001 1:24 EXPECTED ANY DAY! Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc 

Due Early December 2022

2 hours ago, avro683 said:

Showing back in stock on the Airfix page now for dispatch this week. One of the advantages of not having to wait for new stock from India.

In the recent Airfix Factory Tour videos that have popped up on youtube recently, the factory manager is explaining the production process and was saying they were producing in batches for multi tool kits, presumably each batch would be delivered once ready, rather than produce all kits ordered and not deliver until the order was complete. This will lead to initial short supply, but rapid restocks, rather than flooding the market and then no or slow restock.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, k5054nz said:

I think I know the answer to this but I haven't seen it answered to my satisfaction: can one build this cowls on and have an engine to display separately? I'd have it with a cowl off but it's been nagging at me.

I plan on doing this when I get mine, mainly because it’s necessary to do a bit of surgery to the engine, to get the top cowl to fit snug. I am pretty sure (I hope) we will see some aftermarket exhausts, the kit exhausts seem to have a large cavity underneath, presumably to counter sink marks. Scratch a backing plate for the exhausts and scratch a bearer block for the prop shaft. The engine mounts could be mounted to a scratch trolley or even something simpler, to display the engine. The engine deserves to be seen, but I don’t want to break up the beautiful lines of the Spitfire either.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

You've got to be quick! I've had one on backorder with the Big H since the kit was first announced, and got an email yesterday to say that they had it in stock. By the time I got to their web site about two minutes later they were out of stock! I've backordered again; I just hope that I can still get the 10% preorder discount.

5 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

You've got to be quick! I've had one on backorder with the Big H since the kit was first announced, and got an email yesterday to say that they had it in stock. By the time I got to their web site about two minutes later they were out of stock! I've backordered again; I just hope that I can still get the 10% preorder discount.

Still showing the 10% discount.

Cheers

Jeff

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

I have done the same, we live in hope!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Surely Hannants should only initially email the number of people who have it on back order,  aligning with the quantity of their stock?

2 hours ago, elderly said:

Surely Hannants should only initially email the number of people who have it on back order,  aligning with the quantity of their stock?

I didn't get an email, but just happened to notice that the two Spits I had back ordered had been moved into my checkout basket. Paid up along with the other bits I wanted, so can only assume they're on their way.

7 hours ago, elderly said:

That's the way that I thought it would work, but apparently not. They've said they're getting more stock in shortly, but I'm still waiting ... Not all that happy, Jan!