Grumman F-6F-3 VF 27 USS Princeton - Hasegawa 1/32eme

Hello! Here is my second and last incursion in the 32eme world with this old Hasegawa kit (almost 30 years!) . The kit provides an excellent basis to add a pretty fair amount of details: Riveting and engraved panel lines, a cockpit reshaped with both Waldron Products and Verlinden sets, and most important, the complete review of the L/G and flaps areas way too simple and wrong on the original model. I opened the left oil cooler area to show some details inside. I didn't want to spend more money ointe engine, I just added the necessary tubing and wiring. 

The color scheme is quite classic and well known, the US Navy three-tone camouflage applied to some VF-27 birds with the big  "cat mouth". Pictures of the real aircraft are very few as USS Princeton was sunk. The paint is faded to reflect the Pacific sun and combat punishment, all the markings are done with airbrush/brush, the only decals are the kill marks and servicing stencils.

Hope you will enjoy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Thank you much all of you! I know that Trumpeter has issued a new kit for that beast and I don't know if it is worth the money. However, to my humble opinion, the old Hasegawa remains a good basis with some extra work to have a nice replica of this old warrior!