RAF Merlin HC3 help

Edwardii

I hope this is posted in the correct place.

I am just about to start the massive Airfix 1/48 Merlin and I have a couple of things I am after some help/advice on. 

I know Airfix did a whole load of Op Herrick kits which included soldiers for the ground and vehicles but does anyone know where I can get the pilots and aircrew for the back and maybe some soldiers for the inside, sitting down and on the side and rear gun positions.

I am also after any items for the inside, pallets, rucksacks, bags, boxes etc to make it look a little more realistic.

I have had a look around and am struggling to find anything so hope some can point me towards any kits I could use.

Thanks.

I would have a look at PJ Production, great resin aftermarket products- including some 1/48 scale Helicopter Crews- You may need to modify or artfully paint the wee chaps to best represent your chosen scenario exactly, but they are a very good base to build on. A wander through their 1/48 Scale Figures may stir some inspiration. Best of luck with your model!

PJ Production

• 8 months later...

Hi Edward,

I’m new here and just browsing for threads on the Merlin, wondered how you are getting on with your build? I used to fly the Merlin in a past life and really want to build one myself….if Airfix ever rerelease it! Sadly my abilities are very much at the beginner end so this model might be a bit too difficult for me….

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

@Psychovadge these do come up on ebay and at model shows for about £60. I've got one on the way in the post :D admittedly, I'm not building the crab version! 

Naturally! That sounds a reasonable price to be fair, I almost bought one recently which came with the eduard seatbelts kit too for £60 but just felt it will be tfd for me. I know from their YT channel Airfix go through a rerelease cycle for their kits so will just happily wait for it to come out again. By then I might be able to do it justice I guess :)

Edited by Psychovadge
Spelling
  • Like 1