Anyone have pics of Nimrod XV241 in late 1988?

k5054nz

Hi all,

I know this is super specific but do any BMers happen to have photos of XV241 as she was at the Australian Bicentennial Air Show in October 1988? I've only found a couple on Airliners.net and one each AirHistory.net and AerialVisuals.ca from the show and immediately after. I know she's an option in this scheme in the Airfix kit but I'd like to get reference pics as well so I can get it right.

Any help or leads are very much appreciated!

Edited by k5054nz
added links

59 minutes ago, Riksbar said:

There’s a couple of shots in the static display in that collection as well.

I had a feeling there would be, I’m off to check out the collection now as there are a handful of aircraft from that show on my To Build list.

2 hours ago, KoenL said:

I noticed those but they were actually of XV234, not XV241.

That's ok, they're still helpful - plus I was able to get some other photos I needed for other projects, so thanks for the link 👍

15 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

I presume 241 was the flying a/c and 234 was the static, as I only have static shots of 234:

Quite right Paul and apparently it was the other way around for Fincastle: 234 was the competition machine and 241 the back up.

That's very kind of you to offer! I'm also keen to get photos of the Bristol Tourer replica "G-AUDK", CAC Sabre A94-983 (the flying aircraft), F/A-18 Hornet A21-15, F-111C A8-126, and the Sukhoi Su-26.