F7U Cutlass

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Britmodellers but have enjoyed looking at this site for some time.  People have submitted amazing work and I have learned a lot. Enclosed is my first submission.  The base kit is a 1/48 scale F7U Cutlass from Lindberg, given to me as a Christmas gift.  Truth be told it’s a dreadful kit lacking wheel wells and a cockpit etc. The kit is representative of an early prototype rather than the later production model.  To add detail I sliced and repositioned the evelons and leading edges, added the wheel wells for the landing gear, a new cockpit, engine exhausts and an electronics bay etc.  Then to have a bit of fun I finished the kit as a ‘what-if’ (my first).  The story goes something like this….disappointed with the Supermarine Attacker and delays in the development of the Sea Hawk the Royal Navy’s Fleet Air Arm opted as an interim measure to procure a batch of Vought F7U Cutlass aircraft from the United States. This ‘Gutlass Cultass’ has been completed with slipper tanks, bombs, AIM-9B Sidewinders and recognition stripes from the 1956 Suez invasion. Comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.  Thanks.  

SgBNTESNgb3lGvFbDJpzxU7cKvTwNTxC8Tu1bW8Iw_zfwV7X_MTbMRRH8kdbjoP8hCHgeKWvAcNHdpD2

mA1C0TjfMlzKnZ6oXoj72TUkYPdmc7jWcNkLKG97

CTrQnm5CjlSlxTrmrCb8vB9vVdMnG8kuxj0ONMjW

PFMfeqfLaNzdZS3e8M_9y5sdyXGO0PA-XTGvXRXs

53PNgBT1UwU9Q1sGUT4jU2C3QrnmyZzdKJlEiin7

Edited by Tomcat101
Second attempt to upload photos.
  • Like 5

Tomcat, on your Google Drive (web browser version) you'll find some tabs on the left of the screen. One of them says 'Albums'. Click that and then create a new album (perhaps call it Britmodeller) and copy the pictures you want to share into it. When you've done that, above the pictures in the album you'll see a 'link' symbol. Click on that and make sure 'link sharing' is switched on. Once this is done you can select each picture you want to link to and 'copy image address' by right clicking on the picture. Then just paste it into the post. HTH Rich' 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tomcat101

The links don't work.  I suggest you check the FAQ and "posting pictures" thread.  Search Google photos in the thread. Instructions are there to get your pics to show in your post.

I look forward to seeing them.  Sounds like you put a lot of effort into the original kit.

Cheers. 

Edited by Bill Bunting