US Navy Markings font(s).

hsr

I am working on building this aircraft

f61ef182-17ff-4c5a-8b37-6ef365b208d8.jpg

See

And I am going to have to print my own decals. Does anyone know what font(s) the Navy uses for it markings, and where I can download a copy? I am not sure if it is a single font or one fro the letters and another for the numbers. The numbers appear to be a block letter with clipped corners and I can't find a similar font in MS Word. 

Thanks

Howard

9 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

Google ‘USN Stencil’. Links to a font you can download. Might be what you are looking for.

Exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks

Howard

31 minutes ago, AntPhillips said:

The official USN font is "Long Beach USN" it is available online

Unfortunately, LongBeach USN won't do in this case: it has 60-degree diagonals while the letters/numbers in the photo are 45-degree. Paradoxically, besides the USN stencil fonts mentioned above, you may get somewhere with AmarilloUSAF, which is also a 45-degree block font.

hsr, if it will be any help, I've done artwork for the NAVY designator. If you're interested, PM me with your email address and we can take it from there.

Cheers, Pip

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Seawinder said:

Unfortunately, LongBeach USN won't do in this case: it has 60-degree diagonals while the letters/numbers in the photo are 45-degree. Paradoxically, besides the USN stencil fonts mentioned above, you may get somewhere with AmarilloUSAF, which is also a 45-degree block font.

The Amarillo does look better. 

53 minutes ago, Seawinder said:

hsr, if it will be any help, I've done artwork for the NAVY designator. If you're interested, PM me with your email address and we can take it from there.

The NAVY decal I can get from other sheet, but thanks for the offer

I've done some custom decals, and on US Navy aircraft, particularly older ones, there is very little standardization of letter shapes and spaces between letters. If you look closely, they will vary between aircraft or even on different places on the same aircraft. I've found I've had to just trace what the picture shows to get accurate text.

• Thanks 1