PK-801 Boeing 747 British Airways [FINISHED]

47 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

I've just been having to wrestle with adding some tracks,  in a revell re issue of a M7 Priest, which I thought would be easy, and then wasn't, bits snapping, required adding brass rod pins and load of faffing about....

It will be satisfying if it looks reasonably aligned....  it's a build that has been quite trying at points....  As I realise I say at various points... 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235107669-48009-m-7-priest/

And repeat myself,  like I really should have used more tube glue....  as I didn't re-read what I wrote a month before..... :banghead:

cheers

T

Just counted the parts on the 747.  23 parts.  I’m still scratching my head wondering why it took so long and was so difficult at times, even though I know for the most part!

You mentioned ‘mojo’ in your thread and that’s a big part of it I think.  I spent days thinking about what needed doing on the build.  How Iwas going to get past certain issues. Stuff that was tedious and might not work or make things worse.  In the end days turned into weeks as I put it off and got on with other builds.

The M7 has fought you but it looks like you’re winning!

• Like 1

Wonderful 747.Always wanted the original Matchbox issue,but they go for silly prices on ebay,which they are certainly not worth I think.

I built the Revell Air Canada version a while ago,as mentioned,the engines are a bit iffy but otherwise its a nice little kit.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Wonderful 747.Always wanted the original Matchbox issue,but they go for silly prices on ebay,which they are certainly not worth I think.

I built the Revell Air Canada version a while ago,as mentioned,the engines are a bit iffy but otherwise its a nice little kit.

Thanks Alex!

There’s a few on eBay right now.  They’re asking £60 to £70 which is just insane!

Occasionally these kits start at a low price and rarely make more than £10 which still feels overpriced considering how bad the decal sheet is (regardless of age).

the Revell Air Canada kit is good value and has a really nice decal sheet.  I’ll build that one again one day.  Shame there no other options as far as decals go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Gorgeous result here of a beauty of a plane, makes me nostalgic to both go on one and build one meself!

David

Same, although I’d like to scale it up to 1/144.  Already wondering how hard it would be to convert the 747-8 I have in my stash!

Ah, @Turbofan has done a fine job of converting one.  Something to look into down the line.