Greetings one and all...

Doc Watson

First post of a collector of kits and shiney metal, finally getting back into modelling after a few years doing stuff to pay the bills. Qualified mechanical engineer, Phd in computing (AI), a brief spell in the RAF (Navigator Branch) and the last 21 years teaching degree level computing, soon to retire (I hope!) and have far to many projects on the go including a scale (1:1) of a GT40 Mk I sports car I decided to build from fresh air. 

7K8g6diW2_JtjVnwBdDh9wlCJ2oq0zBCIdj_7nwF

Got a beast of a model to start with... I'm sure most of you will know what it is.

XHDG8jkbQNA_SGrxUwRcDKx0aMLvZblcFNAkJbJg

Great site BTW and I can only hope to aspire to the talent shown here. Will start a build thread when someone gets the model I've started...

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Doc Watson.

It sounds like you have been a very busy chappy and hopefully that will continue as we see your builds on the forum.

Your 1:1 Ford sounds interesting but not sure they will let you display it at model shows....🤪🤣, tables not big enough you see!

Gary

• Like 1

Welcome Doc Watson,

Great to see another 1:1 artist in the group. Project 57 it is

100_6388 100_4205

They do take up a lot of time and expense. My main scale is 48th scale aircraft. All though have ventured into the other genre. Looking forward to your builds.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 2

Hello Doc … :post1: from the city by the lake Chicago USA. Nice project you have in the Ford. My best guess looking at the photo showing the flush/filled rivets is an aircraft wing. Maybe a mustang but not enough photo to identify specific panels so maybe Spitfire ? 

Dennis