1/32 Ford Focus WRC

Hi all.

I've just finished this little 2002 Focus WRC.

It's the old Hornby kit, which comprises a Scalextric body shell combined with a very basic (and inaccurate), 'chassis'/interior.

As eye-candy it works OK though and cost me a princely £4.50 off eBay.

It went together easily enough and the decals worked surprisingly well, despite being very thick and inflexible (as you may see in some of the photos).

I suspect that my blue may be too dark (photos of the original are very variable), but to be honest I just grabbed the red/white/blue paint combo that I more usually use for RAF Raspberry Ripple schemes :winkgrin:.

AVvXsEjbXrAqE-J-V_IX0JhzomBjSZ8-e0ip4oNA 

AVvXsEgl4Uvln_kdlkE-tgfxzvi6CYyzOT_390Rp

AVvXsEj_4EtPopVz5VK7IUEYMAAnqatdtS3A0aU5

AVvXsEg0B66DGTLwx1SVl9p3_AM0HW-y8jyS1sGs

AVvXsEhAAqG6lVzblZqvfXJJzVHMHmm0WE8cfNGl

Cheers

• Like 14

Thanks @ElectricLightAndy @F-32 and @keefr22  :thumbsup2:

I've got a few more of these Hornby's in the cupboard.  I'm particularly taken with their Caterham 7 and TVR T400R :coolio:.

There may be an opportunity for an outing later in the year, in the Racers Group Build.....

Cheers

• Like 1

If you hadn't mentioned the blue I'd never have noticed it, but now you have I think it may have been (or was similar to) the Performance Blue on the contemporary Focus RS. But I am remembering this from 20 or so years ago so could well be wrong.

None of that detracts from a very well executed model though - it could easily pass for 1/24 in your photos and that decalling looks very well done, particularly as you said they were thick and awkward.

• Thanks 1

Superb! I too have built a few of these and the Subaru's as well, very good small kits. When you started talking about the decals being thick and inflexible I thought you were talking about me!  Just showing my age perhaps.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Spiny said:

if you hadn't said I doubt anyone would have been any the wiser.

I certainly wouldn't have been, I thought it was a fairly good match going from memory of the real cars (I know that's probably not the best idea :) )  OK it isn't 'metallic' but I often think that may be an advantage in smaller scales given the size of the flakes in many model paints.

Keith

• Like 1