PK-114: BAC Lightning F.2A/F.6

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks lovely,  great paint work. 

Thanks! The AK Real lacquers always go down beautifully. And am glad my Lightning adds some variation to the others in the gallery/soon to be.

1 hour ago, George Norman said:

You can do it!!

Thanks! Cutting it fine, but gloss coat went on tonight so I’m in with a shot! 

By the way George, your own Lightning build looks lovely.

Edited by Wings unlevel
  • Like 2

A solid run at this today, so now the decals are on, plus the nose ring/cone and the exhausts.

52121858795_84e58053ae_b.jpg

The Xtradecals went down quite nicely, while I stole some of the stencil decals from the Airfix kit. I even applied the white bands to the lower fuselage tank, which with a bit of trimming fit the narrower MB kit fairly well.

I did though opt out of using the walkway boundary lines on the upper wings. Trying to place long thin line decals on raised panels on a kit they weren’t designed for filled me with too much trepidation!

Despite the gracious GB deadline extension I will still try to finish this tomorrow, given how close I am! 🤞

Think it’s looking alright.

Gerard

• 1 month later...

Just for the record, this did get done! (Weeks ago but just catching up on some housekeeping.)

Done

Despite my confidence, and despite the GB extension, I ended up missing the deadline, mainly because of work commitments. I would have loved to have gotten this into the gallery among the other excellent Lightnings, but it was terrific to see the type so well represented.

Thanks to Dave and Pat, you did an amazing job hosting an incredible GB. I really enjoyed taking part, and glad that I got at least one build in the gallery with my little Saab Tunnan.

Now to finish the Airfix Lightning!

Cheers,

Gerard

Done

• Like 5

• 1 month later...