Revell A321neo TAP Air Portugal 1/144 - Ready for Inspection

Completed my COVID isolation project (though I think my cat has run of with some of the landing gear, so technically it's not done, but whatever) 

Pretty pleased with it, these revell neo kits are great! I've retained the spare P&W engines to upgrade an old A319 kit to a neo (to come soon) 

I made it with minimal equipment and only spray cans, so the quality could only go so far, but I'm pleased with how it's turned out. I had a nice pair of flights with TAP a few month ago on this aircraft so thought I'd replicate it. 

Ps: don't touch the aircraft, it's probably covered in Corona. 

Kit: Revell 

Decals: TAP by 26Decals and windows by Authentic airliners 

Revell A321neo TAP air Portugal

Revell A321neo TAP air Portugal Revell A321neo TAP air Portugal

• Like 27

Nice work! Ive one of these to do and have 26 Decals for the UK Gov VIP jet.

Very nice finish, TAP's current livery is rather nice.

Eng

There are a lot of TAP’s old(er) A319/320/321s at Kemble probably awaiting a one-sided encounter with a bunch of overgrown Tonka toys😥😥😥😥😥.

Do you know why the neo and A350 ‘buses have the black “bandit” mask paintwork round the cockpit windows (asking for a fiend.)

Edited by stever219
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, stever219 said:

There are a lot of TAP’s old(er) A319/320/321s at Kemble probably awaiting a one-sided encounter with a bunch of overgrown Tonka toys😥😥😥😥😥.

Do you know why the neo and A350 ‘buses have the black “bandit” mask paintwork round the cockpit windows (asking for a fiend.)

I believe it's connected to temperature management with the triplex windscreen heating (makes temperature changed more manageable by the screen) and also has anti glare use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely! Nicely finished and nice to see a TAP livery on a kit.

Civil aircraft are not really my thing but I wouldn't mind doing one of these. All of my flights in the last 5 years before the pandemic were with TAP, flying from Barcelona to Lisbon and back.

Cheers

Miguel

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stever219 said:

I believe it's connected to temperature management with the triplex windscreen heating (makes temperature changed more manageable by the screen) and also has anti glare use.

• Thanks 1