PK-132 (40132) Hungry Heinkel He 170A **Finished**

A further rummage in the stash found this, another kit, I've had for ages and more worryingly don't remember buying !

As can be seen from the box the civil decals were missing but thanks to Jerzy @JWM I fancy building the Hungarian version, complete with radial engine rather than the in line one in the box picture.

IMG_6265

Now disappointingly it isn't made of technicolored plastic, just silver grey, but the aircraft colour scheme looks bright and distinctive 

IMG_6266

IMG_6267

The decals are completely shot, but fortunately Scott aka @Jinxman has come to my rescue with some replacements.

I had a look at @John build tread for the same kit, during which the kit fought him throughout, however have completed a couple of Unicraft kits recently I'm confident things can be made to fit !:fight:

Cheers Pat

• Like 11

A beautifully shape aircraft, however I fear those lovely lines will be spoilt by installing that Radial donk, Pat. Then again, you’re not one of those modellers likely to build a sleek Mirage, so perhaps this is right up your alley! Like a few on here I’ve always wanted, however have never acquired one of these kits. I reckon seeing this take shape will have me searching for one in no time. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck fellow Co-Host.. Dave 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, klr said:

I plan on building the civilian version from a Revell rebox, which has the later style of Hungarian markings (white cross on black square) for the He 170 option.

Great idea, I look forward to seeing it, good luck.

Cheers Pat

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

having taken a break from trying to keep up with everyone else's builds

... and all that means is 'you know who' has to take up the slack!! 

All good buddy a nice small update and I'm glad you could fit some bench time in. I've been tinkering away at my Seasprite at various stages of the day so will see if I can put a small update together as well.

Just between you and I, I count 139 WIP threads already so if that's not some type of GB record I don't know what is! 

Cheers and regards to the Missus... Dave  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Dave 

Mrs Jockney is complaining that "room service" could be a lot better ! :chair:

My cooking is best described as basic, or "vomit inducing" according to the kids :wink:

Looking forward to seeing your builds progressing as and when you get a chance, I'll try to pull my weight. 

139 builds, in week 1 :frantic:, goodness me thats epic.

Cheers Pat

• Haha 4

Stand by your beds, I've managed to do a bit more between "tea and sympathy " visits to SWMBO.

IMG_6270

The kit came with some Ack Ack damage

IMG_6273

Mind the Gap

IMG_6274

The key is to get the gaps even !

IMG_6275

IMG_6276

The rest of the night will be filling the holes, after adding plastic spruce and glue to stabilise the joints.

Cheers Pat

• Like 8

Wow… Pat, firstly I’m impressed that you’ve progressed this far and secondly that your cooking at least made it into the kiddies mouths, mine don’t even risk going that far! Those gaps are somewhat large, perhaps you can fill these with tonight’s choice of broth, well it might actually be good for something! It’s all part of the fun, keep up the great work on the workbench and home front. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent progress fellow co-host, I’m very impressed by your speed building which naturally comes after many years of speed dating! She’ll be in the Gallery in no time! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Looking good Pat! That undercarriage is a classic “hold parts in mid-air and add glue” job. I’m surprised how good it looks with a can of beans on its nose - if I ever built another one I would want to build the Kestrel testbed.

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pat, since your decals are that bad you can consider some out of the box schemes, like here

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/spyww2/he170/he170-5.jpg (windows blanked?)

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/spyww2/he170/he170-c2.jpg (windows not blanked)

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/224/pics/73_4.jpg (windows shown blanked)

To be frank, I am not sure if the ALL windows made blank is proper or not. I have to look at more photos I have. When I did my He-170 with blanked windows I simply followed the color profile only. Now in 1/48 kit all have two square windows both sides (but not three)

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10234210/60/1

Regards

J-W

EDIT: See my  next post, the windows are not blanked!

Edited by JWM
correction of information
  • Like 1

Pat,

I am sorry, I was wrong - it seems that windows are blinded only on drawings, on photos there is only one in which I have doubts if the window is there. In all other photos which I have checked the windows are transparent - but they are two square on left side and two square and one circle on right sinde. Not three square as is provided in kit! The middle square window is in doors, it  is present only in civil He-70.

Regards

J_W

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, JWM said:

Pat,

I am sorry, I was wrong - it seems that windows are blinded only on drawings, on photos there is only one in which I have doubts if the window is there. In all other photos which I have checked the windows are transparent - but they are two square on left side and two square and one circle on right sinde. Not three square as is provided in kit! The middle square window is in doors, it  is present only in civil He-70.

Regards

J_W

AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH ! 

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That's one for each window I've painted over !

I knew it was going too well :raincloud:

Not your fault Jerzy, I followed the instructions which shows the windows painted over.

I think a large Lagavulin is in order 🥃

Cheers Pat

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You can easy remove fresh paint with proper thinner or paint remover. It is more difficult with old paint, but with fresh shoul go easily. And then paint them over with gloss varnish (diluted). 

CHeers

J-W

• Thanks 1

BTW - There is Hungarian web page on which one can find some info and photos of each individual machine of Hungary, inluding WW2 also. Here is for He 170 (they name it He 70 K) 

https://www.avia-info.hu/talalat.php?KeresettSzo=He+70&Keresolista=mind&Ujtipus=&Ujfajta=&Gyartoorszag=&Ujuzem=&Hazai=&Ujhely=&Megszunes=&Uzemkezdet=&Uzemveg=&Megjelenes=&Frisseseg=&Sorrend=jel&Darab=15&gomb=ok

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JWM said:

You can easy remove fresh paint with proper thinner or paint remover. It is more difficult with old paint, but with fresh shoul go easily. And then paint them over with gloss varnish (diluted). 

CHeers

J-W

Thanks Jerzy

Don't worry, I'll post some pictures tonight, I'm determined to get one finished before @Rabbit Leader:wink:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2