Reconnaissance (or Scouting for the hard of spelling) Chat

14 hours ago, Col. said:

While your FV is well beyond the 25% progress point I'd still like to watch your continuing work on it. If you want to open a thread here all I ask is you post the finished article in the Inspiration Gallery rather than the Gallery.

Sounds as if you know a cure for that lack :) 

It's okay, rules are rules. Your answer was expected for me (I thought so myself), so next time. And maybe I’ll be in time with a new project, if I can finish building this model in time. While I continue building on the old site.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do you still accept entries?

I would like to do a Ju88D-4 in 1/32. I had done the same aircraft in 1/48 some time ago (which has found a new home in the meantime):

spacer.png

This is the SH version of ICM`s kit.

spacer.png

Here showing the camera windows.

I have got Revell`s "Technik" kit, which means lights and rotating propellers.

spacer.png

Decals are from Profimodeller who sold me the decal set from their "Spy" conversion. I did not buy the whole kit because of its price, that means I do not have cameras and have to scratchbuild the camera windows.

spacer.png

Volker

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Orso said:

uav_00.jpg

Does this one qualify for this GB?

Yes indeed it does :) 

1 hour ago, VolkerR. said:

I would like to do a Ju88D-4 in 1/32. I had done the same aircraft in 1/48 some time ago (which has found a new home in the meantime):

We most certainly are :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

spacer.png

This is the SH version of ICM`s kit.

spacer.png

Here showing the camera windows.

I have got Revell`s "Technik" kit, which means lights and rotating propellers.

spacer.png

Decals are from Profimodeller who sold me the decal set from their "Spy" conversion. I did not buy the whole kit because of its price, that means I do not have cameras and have to scratchbuild the camera windows.

spacer.png

Volker

I don't think I've ever seen one that comes with working lights / props OOB, will be interesting to see how that all fits together!

• Like 1

My FWs are almost done and my lozenge decals for the Hannover have arrived so I should be starting up my builds for this one soon.

A question for @Scargsy, does the Lysander qualify for this GB?

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

On 27/03/2023 at 16:20, Marklo said:

My FWs are almost done and my lozenge decals for the Hannover have arrived so I should be starting up my builds for this one soon.

A question for @Scargsy, does the Lysander qualify for this GB?

They were developed for the Army to provide a "tactical and artillery reconnaissance aircraft to provide photographic reconnaissance" according to Wikipedia though replaced in 1941 but also used by the Free French Air Force. So I'll say yes.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Willy said:

Hello! Do you still accept entries?

Fore Hobby 1/72 FV107 Scimitar Mk2 CVR(T)

f7d99be3adab5dbc29765d087428ad35.jpg

b56759bf72a043691e6a6ff7817819e2.jpg

We certainly do :) 

This is a kit I've not seen before so will be watching your progress with particular interest.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Willy said:

Hello! Do you still accept entries?

Fore Hobby 1/72 FV107 Scimitar Mk2 CVR(T)

f7d99be3adab5dbc29765d087428ad35.jpg

b56759bf72a043691e6a6ff7817819e2.jpg

Ooh yes - are you doing both 1/72th and 1/35th? I've built the AFV Club Scimitar before - would be nice to see either (or both) of these!

• 3 weeks later...

I’m finishing up my Salty Sea Dog builds and realized I haven’t a hope of even getting properly started on my Freidrichshaffen before that GB finishes, so GB hosts permitting I’m transferring it to the scouting GB. Once I catch up with myself I shall build it, the Roland and the Halberstadt for this GB.

I just need to finish my Morser Karl

IMG_2247.jpg

and build a few Mirages first :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the sun has set on Salty Sea Dog, I think I'm going to enter this GB with my Airfix Cessna Bird Dog. I know there is less than a month to go, but its only a titch!

• Like 3

On 22/05/2023 at 15:36, danbuoy said:

Now that the sun has set on Salty Sea Dog, I think I'm going to enter this GB with my Airfix Cessna Bird Dog. I know there is less than a month to go, but its only a titch!

Best of luck, I've still got two kits on the go!

• Like 2

On 30/05/2023 at 14:55, Enzo the Magnificent said:

All of my entries are now complete!  :yahoo:   Gallery entries tomorrow.

Okay...   so it isn't exactly tomorrow...   :fraidnot:   I injured my back and have had to take an enforced break from modelling.  For four days all I could do was lie on the floor whimpering piteously...   But now I'm improving, so here is the recce crew to take a bow!

spacer.png

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Okay...   so it isn't exactly tomorrow...   :fraidnot:   I injured my back and have had to take an enforced break from modelling.  For four days all I could do was lie on the floor whimpering piteously...   But now I'm improving, so here is the recce crew to take a bow!

spacer.png

While a 'Like' doesn't seem appropriate in relation to your predicament please be assured it's directed toward a fine display of reconnaissance types boss. So, what's next? :D

• Like 2

I don’t suppose there’s a chance of an extension, or have I missed it and it’s already been extended. If the former is the case I may focus on my promised builds and get all or most over the line if the latter then I think I’ll just go for getting the Lysander done.

Edited by Marklo

12 minutes ago, Scargsy said:

Maybe @Col. knows how we go about extending things? I haven't got a clue, still trying to do some rush finishing on my two builds and see if I can get them over the line!

Col does know how to extend things.  He knows to give me a shout! :)   Are you up for an extension?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Col does know how to extend things.  He knows to give me a shout! :)   Are you up for an extension?

Sure - I imagine if the people want a weeks extension then it couldn't hurt :), unless anyone has an objection?

• Like 1