Reconnaissance (or Scouting for the hard of spelling) Chat

14 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Just had a thought...if ASW patrols qualify...I've got a S-3B that I've gotten as far as spraying the base grey in the resin cockpit.  

I cannot see why it wouldn’t be, as we’ve got a Shackleton in the mix already. Sub spotting, artillery spotting…. It’s kinda similar in role I think. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I cannot see why it wouldn’t be, as we’ve got a Shackleton in the mix already. Sub spotting, artillery spotting…. It’s kinda similar in role I think. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

In addition to sub hunting and refueling, the other main role they served was surface surveillance/tracking.

Wait a sec....I've got an ES-3A Shadow as well.  Hmmm.  Got some thinking to do.  :hmmm:

• Like 3

Have to say gang, we're not even officially started yet and there's a great variety of subject threads already, this GB is promising to be an interesting one :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Well, as Maritime Patrol planes seem to be eligible there is always my Fw-200 and Ju-290 - assuming I have the time given the crowded timetable! My entries for the upcoming Transport GB will all be small APC so I may have enough bench space for a biggie😄

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 5

As said before my intention  is to enter a rather obvious subject (but with an unusual spin on it) and if there’s time another obvious one, but now the voices are telling me to get myself a valom rb-45 with the fake raf markings, yep a fairly large short run kit that will be finished in NMF is an absolutely sensible idea…..better stay of the whisky less I buy the valom😆 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Know what you mean, like the f84 its clearly not a beautiful aircraft but has a solid aesthetic to it. Anyway found a solution that doesn't invloved hiding the whiskey, I've ordered the obvious subject in my post using my amazon voucher balance :) Thread will be up when it arrives 

• Like 2

Oh dear...   I'm clearly within a Dassault event horizon.   In the Dassault GB I am building two Mirage IIIs and a Mirage F1.   In this GB I have committed to two more Mirage IIIs.  But seeing how the camouflage scheme for the Mirage F1CT has turned out, I'm getting a very strong urge to build a camouflaged F1CR in this GB.

Somebody help me!!!   :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Oh dear...   I'm clearly within a Dassault event horizon.   In the Dassault GB I am building two Mirage IIIs and a Mirage F1.   In this GB I have committed to two more Mirage IIIs.  But seeing how the camouflage scheme for the Mirage F1CT has turned out, I'm getting a very strong urge to build a camouflaged F1CR in this GB.

Build it! Do it! You know there's nothing as très jolie as a Mirage, you won't regret it now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wez said:

Build it! Do it! You know there's nothing as très jolie as a Mirage, you won't regret it now!

That is not what I meant and you know it.  :bleh: 

But...   okay...   :lol:  

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

That is not what I meant and you know it.  :bleh: 

Hoisted by your own petard my old mate!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

You have to ask yourself, W.W.E.M.D? ;) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Yabbut, he has no common sense...   :fraidnot: 

Perhaps so but he builds a phenomenal amount of lovely models.

• Thanks 1

On 19/02/2023 at 12:02, bianfuxia said:

what do you think about this M551 tank?

IMG_20230219_212522267_HDR.jpg?w=1352&ss

According to the wikipedia article, its earliest design roots were a contract for a light tank for recon purposes and to be air portable. From the rest of the article, it seems like it wasn't really used in that role.

I have many builds so I am easy either way - but what do you think?

I'd be happy for this - they were designed as such and used for recon in Desert Storm.

Still finding my kits I do remember putting the Hannover away somewhere logical while thinking I’ll never remember this, hmm well if I can’t find it I might just build the Roland and possibly scratch a Junkers J10 as a replacement…

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

İ started my Takom 1/72 FV432 Recon vehicle project on 4 February and tweaked the model a bit.

01ead71955455135efb062dd80479df1.jpg

c7781e623d3561e164d3e66fd2008282.jpg

Topic is here.

I just wanted to devide the topic. May I enter this contest?

Edited by Willy
  • Like 3

On 3/7/2023 at 1:07 PM, Willy said:

Hi! 

İ started my Takom 1/72 FV432 Recon vehicle project on 4 February and tweaked the model a bit.

01ead71955455135efb062dd80479df1.jpg

c7781e623d3561e164d3e66fd2008282.jpg

Topic is here.

I just wanted to devide the topic. May I enter this contest?

While your FV is well beyond the 25% progress point I'd still like to watch your continuing work on it. If you want to open a thread here all I ask is you post the finished article in the Inspiration Gallery rather than the Gallery.

On 3/8/2023 at 7:05 AM, JTninja said:

Somehow there hasn't been a PBY-5 entered yet. I may need to fix this

Sounds as if you know a cure for that lack :) 

• Like 3