Reconnaissance (or Scouting for the hard of spelling) Chat

Goodmorning to all

Just a little question: Just a small question:

is a Jungle Scout CAC Boomerang eligible? If not, then my kit will be a L-4 Grasshopper 1/48 Special Hobby

Ettore

I was thinking of doing a Maryland as one of my entries for this GB, but a dig through my stash has come up with the Joystick Morane Type P. A vacform kit, but with few parts and it has all the look of  well being mastered (Joe Chubbock?) and Aeroclub white metal to take some of the pain away. Has anyone got any decent plans? Windsock never did a Datafile so far as I am aware, I have the Type L book, but it is off limited use. Aircraft of the RFC Military Wing has some useful data and pics (one of my favourite books, and well used). The struts to support the wing look 'interesting' to build, and are probably the hardest part. 

Hi Folk's I'll be joining in with something a bit different for me,nothing in the stash so trawling around E-bay I set a limit of £20 for something suitable pleasantly suprised to get a kit I'd quite

fancied for a while and coming in at just under budget which included delivery at £18:75 is this beauty.

boxtop

Inside is the 1990's Academy kit which still stands up well.

• Like 9

On 03/02/2023 at 07:24, Ettore said:

Goodmorning to all

Just a little question: Just a small question:

is a Jungle Scout CAC Boomerang eligible? If not, then my kit will be a L-4 Grasshopper 1/48 Special Hobby

Ettore

Sorry for the late response - Jungle Scout would work, or the L-4.

• Like 2

My god this has come around fast…. I’ve got builds in the ‘Salty Dog’, ‘Dassault’ and todays (just started) ‘Big in Japan’ GB and now this one opens up! I’ve been trawling my stash trying to find something suitable and it just dawned on me how many kits Heller produced back in the day which included some type of Recon nose option. Off the top of my head I know of the - 

Saab Tunnan

Saab Draken

Saab Lansen

Saab Viggen

Mirage III

RF-84 Thunderflash 1/48

RT-33 Shooting Star

There may be others too. 
Now the hard bit.. what to choose? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Saab Tunnan

Saab Draken

Saab Lansen

Saab Viggen

Mirage III

RF-84 Thunderflash 1/48

RT-33 Shooting Star

There may be others too. 
Now the hard bit.. what to choose

Ahem...  :wicked: 

• Haha 7

Can't believe its only one week until Recce kicks off!

I've really overcommitted on the Salty Sea Dog, and need to get at least one of those over the line before starting anything else.

But at least I've settled on what I'm going to build for Recce. Nothing I previously considered, of course, oh no - that'd be far too straightforward! :D

Out are the Phonix D.I and the P-43, and the Spitfire PR.IV I'm going to save for Southern Europe as I've got a little Maltese vignette in mind.

Instead, I'll be building an RAF Tac-R Mustang Mk.III courtesy of Arma Hobby and the new Airfix Club Meteor FR.9.

Roll on the 25th! :smile:

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

and the new Airfix Club Meteor FR.9.

I’m sure this will be a popular build. Should be good to see as I’ve got one on the way too. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’m sure this will be a popular build. Should be good to see as I’ve got one on the way too. 
Cheers.. Dave 

I think you're right, Dave, it'll definitely be a popular choice. Have you been following @AliGauld's WiP? Going together beautifully!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Have you been following @AliGauld's WiP? Going together beautifully!

Cheers,

Mark

Not yet, but I will soon enough. Off to mow the lawn now in the midday heat… that should be fun! 

• Like 3

Off to mow the lawn now in the midday heat… that should be fun! said Rabbit Leader.

Owing to the mild winter, I  raked and cut the lawn yesterday as it was looking really untidy and to get rid of leaves and twigs. I tried to remember which area we don't cut as we leave some of the lawn area to grow with wild flowers in it. Does wonders for our frog and hedgehog population. 

• Like 5

Blimey another one, definitely going to be joining, though I’ve used up my feb modelling budget so either use some of my Amazon gift card or wait and make it my first march purchase (got a big loyalty discount to use up from a well known retailer)…..

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

Eek another GB comes around. Still having just completed by Ju88 and my Erhardt armoured car I’m holding my own. Time to check out the stash.

5279417-E-291-F-43-C2-9545-E6-EB23840-CB
Well the Roland would have been used for reconnaissance and artillery spotting and I do have a Hannover CII( somewhere :() which would have been the same. I also have a Be12 which might have been used for photo reconnaissance, but I need to check that one.

Not sure if the Lizzie qualifies as it’s role was more army cooperation, opinions please? 

• Like 4

what do you think about this M551 tank?

IMG_20230219_212522267_HDR.jpg?w=1352&ss

According to the wikipedia article, its earliest design roots were a contract for a light tank for recon purposes and to be air portable. From the rest of the article, it seems like it wasn't really used in that role.

I have many builds so I am easy either way - but what do you think?

On 2/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, reini said:

spacer.png

I've been in this forum long enough to know I shouldnt ask what to build - that always backfires 😄. So instead I will just ask what should I build first? 🤔

My vote goes to the Bird Dog first. Then the Voodoo. Followed by the OV-10...

• Like 4