Reconnaissance (or Scouting for the hard of spelling) Chat

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

You know you want to...  :wicked: 

Well, I guess I do! If I can get the bits together I’ll enter the Invader! I may start but not finish it in time but I’ll try ;)

Martin 

• Like 1

I've got the "new" Italeri RF-4E on the way to build in its Israeli scheme but the new decal options include an Iranian scheme I wouldnt mind having a go at for this GB 😀

Italeri-148-Scale-RF-4E-Phantom-II-Version-E

Source: HobbyZero

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luke1199 said:

I've got the "new" Italeri RF-4E on the way to build in its Israeli scheme but the new decal options include an Iranian scheme I wouldnt mind having a go at for this GB 😀

I'd like to do an Iranian RF as well though I wish Fine Molds would do an RF-4E in 1/72nd. I suspect the ZM one won't be released in time so I might do a Viggen instead.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 6:26 AM, Luke1199 said:

So what you're saying is you need another kit ;)

• Haha 4

Just had another delivery which could well find its way into this GB as an aircraft of 1 PRU RAAF based at Coomalie Creek, Northern Territory, 1942-43:

IMG-20221205-104845970.jpg

I've always liked the Lancer, and this looks like being a nice kit of this unusual subject. I just need to find some suitable RAAF markings and serials.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 6

On 12/2/2022 at 11:36 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Well, I guess I do! If I can get the bits together I’ll enter the Invader! I may start but not finish it in time but I’ll try ;)

Martin 

Given the timeline and my glacial speed with builds I might not make this GB with the Invader :(. Let me think of something else; something quicker! 

• Like 1

Do SAR (SEARCH and Rescue ) aircraft/vessels/vehicles  meet the requirements?   I would think so, but thought I’d check first.

Edited by RC Boater Bill
fix typos, make new ones

21 hours ago, RC Boater Bill said:

Do SAR (SEARCH and Rescue ) aircraft/vessels/vehicles  meet the requirements?   I would think so, but thought I’d check first.

Hmmm I'm not overly sure - maritime patrol (which I guess includes search and rescue duty) would but not fire engines! What did you have in mind?

Another Recce kit added to the stash courtesy of our club's annual holiday kit exchange.  :D

52558586952_898e567958_c.jpg

I know the canopy is a little wonky (it bugged me on release), but the price was right so I can live with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scargsy said:

Hmmm I'm not overly sure - maritime patrol (which I guess includes search and rescue duty) would but not fire engines! What did you have in mind?

Before you can rescue someone, there may be some heavy duty searching first…!

I was thinking of subjects like US or Canadian Coast Guard aircraft, and boats used by those services and the RNLI.   

A Boeing SB-17G with the droppable lifeboat would be eligible, too, I think……

Edited by RC Boater Bill
fixed typos, added new ones