Reconnaissance (or Scouting for the hard of spelling) Chat

I'll have to check when I get home. I don't recall any provenance. It was in a Hobby Boss P-61 kit I bought at a hobby show a few years back. Have since gotten rid of the kit, but kept the conversion since I have a few of the Dragon kits awaiting in the stash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Might I inquire as to who's resin F-15 Reporter ? Its a type Ive wanted to do since the 1980’s and haven't yet been able to find a source for the bits ? 

It had been a while since I looked at it, but there is provenance. 😅

spacer.png

spacer.png

Most of it looks pretty good - except for the canopies, which are just bad. They will need to be replaced, and that's why I bought a dental vacformer. I'll see what I can do about that. But yeah, Lone Star Models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh yes please! Reconnaissance/scouting/spotting is one of my primary genres. Now I'm into my first GB, I'm confident I'll be back for more. Besides, if I keep having to type reconnaissance in my updates I'll eventually get the spelling right first keying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thom216 said:

It had been a while since I looked at it, but there is provenance. 😅

spacer.png

spacer.png

Most of it looks pretty good - except for the canopies, which are just bad. They will need to be replaced, and that's why I bought a dental vacformer. I'll see what I can do about that. But yeah, Lone Star Models.

Thanks that gives me a direction to look in. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Wow this is going well in the polling, no idea what happens if we get into the final list, do I need to host it, how does that work?

I've got plenty of stuff in my stash though so it will be a difficult choice: Lockheed SR-71, FW 189, Cessna O-2A maybe even a Spitfire in PRU pink?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Scargsy said:

Wow this is going well in the polling, no idea what happens if we get into the final list, do I need to host it, how does that work?

I've got plenty of stuff in my stash though so it will be a difficult choice: Lockheed SR-71, FW 189, Cessna O-2A maybe even a Spitfire in PRU pink?

Yep, you are the official host.  Enzo will get up with all the GB hosts that clear the hurdle to claim timeslots for next year's GB calendar.  Once the dates are set it's just a matter of riding it out until a couple weeks before the date.  Once that time arrives, a Recon sub-forum will be setup and you can then do the welcoming/rules post (usually pinned at the top).  You can always have co-hosts as well to assist with the admin duties...I'm sure there are some here willing  (if not, feel free to give me a shout...my availability tends to be a bit sporadic, so may not be the best first choice).  If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll help if I can.  I've not done a full host role, but was co-host for Turning Japanese a couple months ago.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Scargsy said:

My offer to co-host still stands if you need.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, John Masters said:

I was sure I signed on here...if not, I'm in.  Might be too late.

I've added you to the list, though I think it doesn't really matter as we're in the bunfight poll - if it makes it through anyone is free to join, provided the usual rules are met (less than 25% finished and a subject that fit's the brief). 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

Oohhh was going to build the M8 Greyhound for this BUT the last plane in my stash is a 1/72 Cutlass photo reconnaissance plane.... May do that instead 

Or both.     Just sayin'...   :wicked: 

• Haha 2

Hey @Scargsy, congrats on getting this one through!

I was planning to do a Sawn Off Daimler Scout Car (Gecko) for this build. I'm planning my calendar and overlaps with other GBs reduce my time on Recce to the point where ANYTHING by Gecko will be a bit of a rush job. Would you say that a 1918 pattern Rolls Royce armoured car is eligible? I see that you mention light tanks and the Roller is lighter than those and was, I think used well into the thirties for recon duties. I've been thinking of it as an offensive vehicle but perhaps its a scout as well? What's the word from the chief, Chief? 

• Like 1

I'm probably going to join this group build with a couple of these;

20221116_182009

Then I found this in the stash;

20221116_182054

I assume this would be eligible? Two of the options are from reconnaissance units;

20221116_182106

• Like 3