Reconnaissance (or Scouting for the hard of spelling) Chat

Hey Col, sorry been a bit quiet. Thought this thread had died a death, didn't seem to get notifications. I guess I need to go back over it and put the names on the list!

• Like 1

I am loving  this Subject  so meany recon aircraft  out there  atm 🤔  thinking  US 8th  AAF  B25  

Wellzy 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Both the Fw 200C and the Ju 290A were classed as maritime recce I guess, though they also could and at times did attack the ships they had found. Would either of those be eligible and do I need to leave the bombs off?

Pete

• Like 2

On 30/07/2022 at 15:54, PeterB said:

Both the Fw 200C and the Ju 290A were classed as maritime recce I guess, though they also could and at times did attack the ships they had found. Would either of those be eligible and do I need to leave the bombs off?

Pete

Fw 200 and Ju 290 would be eligible in maritime reconnaissance / patrol bomber roles.

On 02/08/2022 at 17:14, Jb65rams said:

Came across the following when tidying up the stash, forgotten I had bought it.

A bit of a departure from my normal subjects, so if it is eligible I am in.

Yankee Scout & Tracker

Yes more than welcome, scouting troops, forward observers, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 30/07/2022 at 16:54, PeterB said:

Pete

Well done Pete, I did note the word AND between Fw200 + Ju290 so look forward to seeing both in this GB :wicked:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...

Assuming this gets through the bunfight carnage would a MQ-9 Reaper qualify?  I’ve got other choices in the stash that definitely do, but I’m keen to get that done. 

Chris

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2022 at 09:36, Chrisj2003 said:

Assuming this gets through the bunfight carnage would a MQ-9 Reaper qualify?  I’ve got other choices in the stash that definitely do, but I’m keen to get that done. 

Chris

Yeah I guess a Reaper would qualify, mainly designed for high-altitude surveillance - even though it does have 'teeth'.

• Thanks 1

On 14/10/2022 at 01:58, Thom216 said:

Hey, go ahead and add me to the list!

Added, though I'm not sure if it makes much difference now as we're in the running for the poll, which should open soon. Maybe it does for GB contenders that don't make it through first year?

3 hours ago, Scargsy said:

Added, though I'm not sure if it makes much difference now as we're in the running for the poll, which should open soon. Maybe it does for GB contenders that don't make it through first year?

I have no idea, but thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2022 at 09:47, helios16v said:

Looks like I may have to go see what I have available for recce birds.  :hmmm:

Time to have a scout around in the stash! 🤭

Sign me up @Scargsy, I’ve voted and am very keen for this one. Think I’ll convert my Hasegawa F-111C into an RF-111C.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2022 at 1:01 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

My stash is not overflowing with eligible subjects, so I'll keep following the chat to see how it evolves.

I do have this - unarmed AEW.  So add me to the list.

Sword_Gannet.jpg

And this Tracer conversion, for the Tracker.

Falcon-Tracer-Conversion.jpg

Revell_Tracker.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

For this, I have a BF109 Recce and a resin conversion for a 1/72 F-15 Reporter.

Might I inquire as to who's resin F-15 Reporter ? Its a type Ive wanted to do since the 1980’s and haven't yet been able to find a source for the bits ? 

• Like 2