Cleaning models

LaurieS

Any tips appreciated.

Got 4 8foot diormamas with about 50 models. Builder has been chucking up flats not 40 feet away. Rather than

keep his own dust he has been sharing it. Very thickly over 2 years.

So I now am going to clean. Most are 1/48. Got a small vac which also can accommodate wetness.

Tried a small area. Top dust comes of but the remainder needs water or  liquid to release it. It is not sticky but is still a little squidgy.

Any great ideas greatly awarded with a big thank you.

Laurie

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I use a blower brush intended for camera lenses - good for blowing dust off, and the brush is soft enough to remove more stubborn debris. Still need to be careful around the delicate bits though......

Q

Well in the end I removed as much dust as possible with a small vacumn cleaner with a chisel edge.

However this left residue. We have had builders constructing a block of flats opposite this may be the source of a slight stickiness.

Not deterred I took each one to the kitchen sink draining part. Sprayed with water & with a soft brush washed the model.

Dried as much as possible & all went well.

This is the little vacuum cleaner.  I have 4* 8foot long diorama with grass runways etc & this cleans all the rubbish .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B094NG5TFL?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Laurie

• Like 1