Italeri 2022 catalogue - new, reissue, repop, rebox etc.

Homebee

8 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Forgive my ignorance: do these two companies have a history of sharing moulds?

No they don’t. I was just living in hope. 

James 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:37 AM, Homebee said:

Release scheduled for April-May 2022

Source: https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-italeri-kwiecien-2022/

- 1/48 - ref. 2804 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX - Super Decals

2804-00.jpg

V.P.

Hope that the "super decals" will include the proper upper wing late war roundels and not the incorrect postwar roundels of the box art...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Hope that the "super decals" will include the proper upper wing late war roundels and not the incorrect postwar roundels of the box art...

You’re right, there wrong !

Wulfman

8 hours ago, franky boy said:

No they don’t. I was just living in hope. 

James 

I’m trying to decide what is the next best 1/48 Spitfire IX after the Eduard kit; the rest all have issues:

ICM - fiddly build because of the full engine and some have questioned the cross-section of the fuselage spine

Airfix - a bit clunky in places, but buildable

Hasegawa - the fuselage is underscale but not uniformly so along it’s length. Easy to build.

Occidental - maybe some issues with the nose profile and the position of the thrust line being too low but otherwise not bad.

Monogram - ancient kit, low detail, questionable accuracy, no gull wing

Otaki/Arii - actually a Mk.VIII but the best option for building a Mk.IX until the ICM and Ocidental kits came a long. No gull wing but there was a Falcon vacform correction for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I’m trying to decide what is the next best 1/48 Spitfire IX after the Eduard kit; the rest all have issues:

An excellent summation for someone currently looking for a Mk.IX but not wanting or needing an Eduard kit for this build, thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Released  - 1/48 - ref. 2804 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX - Super Decals

https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/3005

2ir-Cj-PD2-Ne-F6o-J7-WNn-ZNPfqly-HD0-XRo

Well, they did it, they included postwar roundels for the upper and lower wing surfaces... and I'm not even sure they are the right proportions. now it's true that I have never seen a picture of the top surfaces of SM147, however standard "C" type roundels on the lower surfaces can be proven with a 2 minutes google search, for example here:

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Spitfire/RAF-73Sqn/pages/Spitfire-MkIXs-RAF-73Sqn-Z-SM147-n-EN135-at-Prkos-near-Zadar-Yugoslavia-22nd-April-1945-IWM-CNA3528.html

The upper wing roundels were 99.99% the same C type, since this was the standard in 1945, when SM147 served with 73 Sqn. Another couple of minutes on the web would have resulted in this picture, that while not showing 73 Sqn. aircraft still show RAF Spitfire at Prkos in the same year

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/281_Wing_RAF_Spitfires_Prkos_IWM_CNA_3509.jpg

Yet for some reason Italeri's decal designer went for some weirdly proportioned roundels. Do they have some picture we've never seen proving this ? Or this just the latest example of Italeri's sloppy research ???

Edit: oh, and I forgot... white spinner ? To me the spinner looks more like the standard Sky and so should be the rear fuselage band... that in the scan of the decal sheet looks white too. Hopefully this is just a result of the scanning process, if however that band is really printed white my opinion of this decal sheet would plummet even further. Oh, and the upper wing roundel should be a different size...

I'm not going into a debate on the colours used for the squadron flash as there seems to have been more one combination used. Eduard in their 1/72 kit of the same subject suggests black and red but I've seen other opinions

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 05/05/2022 at 16:29, Giorgio N said:

Well, they did it, they included postwar roundels for the upper and lower wing surfaces... and I'm not even sure they are the right proportions. now it's true that I have never seen a picture of the top surfaces of SM147, however standard "C" type roundels on the lower surfaces can be proven with a 2 minutes google search, for example here:

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Spitfire/RAF-73Sqn/pages/Spitfire-MkIXs-RAF-73Sqn-Z-SM147-n-EN135-at-Prkos-near-Zadar-Yugoslavia-22nd-April-1945-IWM-CNA3528.html

The upper wing roundels were 99.99% the same C type, since this was the standard in 1945, when SM147 served with 73 Sqn. Another couple of minutes on the web would have resulted in this picture, that while not showing 73 Sqn. aircraft still show RAF Spitfire at Prkos in the same year

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/281_Wing_RAF_Spitfires_Prkos_IWM_CNA_3509.jpg

Yet for some reason Italeri's decal designer went for some weirdly proportioned roundels. Do they have some picture we've never seen proving this ? Or this just the latest example of Italeri's sloppy research ???

Edit: oh, and I forgot... white spinner ? To me the spinner looks more like the standard Sky and so should be the rear fuselage band... that in the scan of the decal sheet looks white too. Hopefully this is just a result of the scanning process, if however that band is really printed white my opinion of this decal sheet would plummet even further. Oh, and the upper wing roundel should be a different size...

I'm not going into a debate on the colours used for the squadron flash as there seems to have been more one combination used. Eduard in their 1/72 kit of the same subject suggests black and red but I've seen other opinions

Thanks for the comments.  Are you 100% sure?  We need more information and pictures of the subject to see if they did it wrong.  I am not a Spitfire historian, but it already happened to me that I have sold models thinking they are inaccurate and then see I was completely wrong... 

3 hours ago, JFM148 said:

Thanks for the comments.  Are you 100% sure?  We need more information and pictures of the subject to see if they did it wrong.  I am not a Spitfire historian, but it already happened to me that I have sold models thinking they are inaccurate and then see I was completely wrong... 

Well, I posted a link to a picture of this same aircraft clearly showing the lower surfaces so the lower wing roundels are known and the kit decals do not  represent what's seen in the picture. Regulations for the upper wing roundels are known and while no pictures of the upper surfaces of this aircraft are available I would bet on the roundels to follow RAF standards of the time, as shown in the second link I posted. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

I can't believe Italeri are re-releasing the Occidental moulds Spitfire. 

Why not?  There is different price brackets and different markets to choose from.  It basically depends on how much money you want to spend for a "perfect Spitfire" scale model, and TBH, it really depends on the modeller's skills to make a nice model out of it.   I don't have a lot of skills nor money, so the Italeri/Occidental Spitfire is good news for somebody looking to have fun with a small budget like me.

• Like 2

Price of Italeri's Spitfire will be in between Weekend and Profipack editions, and Eduard is far, far superior kit, it will only make sense for someone who cannot obtain Eduard for different reasons-price aside.

For all of us waiting F-5A in 72nd, and new tooled F-35B in 48th, first has been postoned and is now June release, Lightning II coming in July.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

For all of us waiting F-5A in 72nd, and new tooled F-35B in 48th, first has been postoned and is now June release, Lightning II coming in July.

Uhm, hard to believe for me the 35B Model is going to pop up this close in time without any preview of 3D files or official announcement from Italeri

Edited by MARTEN75

9 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

For all of us waiting F-5A in 72nd,[.....] first has been postoned and is now June release,

What year?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

- ref. 1423 — 1/72 - North American P-51B Mustang

That looks Allison powered to me - most likely Italeri's own 2010 P-51A kit.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 3

Possibly a captioning error on the website. They wouldn’t try to sell us an A as a B, would they? A P-51 A with a “super decal” would be most welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hook said:

That looks Allison powered to me - most likely Italeri's own 2010 P-51A kit.

Cheers,

Andre

It is an A, I'm not sure but would guess it to be their kit. Scalemates list it as an “A” with this box art. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-1423-north-american-p-51a-mustang--1235466

3 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

Possibly a captioning error on the website. They wouldn’t try to sell us an A as a B, would they? A P-51 A with a “super decal” would be most welcome.

Yes it would. 

9 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

Didn't Italeri's P-15A kit share the wing sprue with their P-51D..?

Cheers,

Andre