Italeri 2022 catalogue - new, reissue, repop, rebox etc.

Homebee

Remember Italeri's Model Kit Preview 2021: link & link

I suppose we'll soon see the Preview 2022 folder. So it's time to open a new dedicated thread, isn't it ?

What we can expect: the new tool 1/48th Lockheed-Martin F-35B Lightning II kit - ref. 2810 - thread - or the other long announced 1/48th Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I...

Wait and see.

UPDATE

Italeri downloadable Model Kit Preview 2022 is here:

https://www.italeri.com/uploads/news/v3MVLXcbbQoOMhc7K6EQf04r6mGnCp3M2cEDY6a6.pdf

Three "new tool" aircraft kits announced in 2022 :

1/72 - ref. 1460 - AMX International A-11A Ghibli - thread

1/48 - ref. 2810 - Lockheed-Martin F-35B Lightning II - thread (already announced in the Model Kit Preview 2021)

1/32 - ref. 2518 - Macchi MC.202 Folgore - thread

0.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Italeri's current online catalogue is listed as "2021/22" so I would expect to see many of their 2021 boxings out this year. 

To name just a few, the following have yet to be released from their 2021 preview.

1/72 (ex ESCI) Fokker 27 SAR kit - ref. 1455

1/72 F/A-18E Superhornet "Top Gun" - ref. 1445

1/72 F-16 C/D Fighting Falcon Block 50/52 - ref. 1428

1/72 F-5A Freedom Fighter - ref. 1441

1/72  RF-84F Thunderflash - ref. 1449

1/72 SM.79 Sparviero - ref. 1412

1/72 Hs-129 B - ref. 1294

1/72 MiG-15 Fagot - ref. 1454

1/72 Tu-22M3 Backfire - ref. 1440

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NavyWessex said:

1/72 F-5A Freedom Fighter - ref. 1441

That was listed in 2019, 2020 and in 2021 as to be released. Not holding my breath tbh

• Sad 1

Italeri usually presents new releases at Nürnberg or few days before, as there were some changes in menagement and sales deptments, as well as new investments in tech, maybe 2023 will see better days for the brand, first two months no new tools( like F-35B), and as mentioned host of  '21 kits still to be released. Looking foreward to 40th Falklands Anniversary( hopeful for HAS.3 and HU.5 Wessex re-issues)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

Italeri usually presents new releases at Nürnberg or few days before, as there were some changes in menagement and sales deptments, as well as new investments in tech, maybe 2023 will see better days for the brand, first two months no new tools( like F-35B), and as mentioned host of  '21 kits still to be released. Looking foreward to 40th Falklands Anniversary( hopeful for HAS.3 and HU.5 Wessex re-issues)

Italeri have previously released the Harrier and Wessex under the Falklands banner, so I'm hoping to see at least the Wessex (1/48 and 1/72) released again this year. 

It would be very nice of Italeri, if following CANT Z 506 and Savoia SM 81 they will released another ex-Supermodel kits - CANT Z 1007 monoderiva and bideriva....

Modernized or even not.

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

I'm hoping the 1/32 modern ground support personnel set finally emerges.

Would also be great to see a 1/32 Marineflieger Tornado boxing with Kormorans, or a big Mirage 5B or IIIB two-seater.

Tony 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Whatever they release,  repops or new tooling, they won't be cheap any more.

This really has had me sour on the brand in general. Most Italeri kits I've build recently were decent - not great in any aspect, not terrible in any either, obviously lacking in detail compared to modern stuff. However, they're often priced on the same level as absolute state of the art kits, and I'd rather go for the Eduard or Airfix version if it is at all available.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NavyWessex said:

Italeri have previously released the Harrier and Wessex under the Falklands banner, so I'm hoping to see at least the Wessex (1/48 and 1/72) released again this year. 

I really want the Wessex re-released in 1/48. Very hard to find these days.

And they say helicopters don't sell...

Jon

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

New tool or Esci re-pop ? Its the only version of the F-5/T-38 that Im remotely interested in building ? With maybe an RF-5 recon bird as a possible second. 

Esci reissue. That is not a bad thing since the Esci kit is still pretty nice (but a new cockpit would be good to have given how bare the kit's is)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What ever happened to Italeri re-releasing the old Esci F-111A? I’m sure I’ve seen this listed over the last few years, however it keeps slipping. Even Scalemates is still showing this as a probable 2019 release? 

Cheers.. Dave 

11 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

Still mourning the non-release of the 1/48 Bell 206 in 2018, 2019, 2020......😢

and the 1/72 B.2 Canberra (though I think the plug has officially been pulled on that?)

Trevor

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

Still mourning the non-release of the 1/48 Bell 206 in 2018, 2019, 2020......😢

Way too much work to do 206B.III, and due to sloopy research they thought they could pull one out of  stock ESCI -58A, and even did sprue with cable cutters and new instrument panel-its cancelled.

Biggest mourning on my part would be Jaguar in 48th cancellation.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

and the 1/72 B.2 Canberra (though I think the plug has officially been pulled on that?)

Italeri rather "disappears" such announcements, but nothing new comes in to replace the catalogue numbers assigned to them. Canberra was numbered 1300 in 2010 IIRC and to this day Italeri has nothing else under that number.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to see the S-55 Whirlwind back again. They did the straight boom and cranked boom versions. Not a bad kit but miles better than the Airfix  one and the only ones kitted to 1/72.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Italeri has unique kits.  The ESCI 1/72 jets although old, are good bargains.  With new decals, they would turn into nice models.  The Mirage F.1 1/48 is still a good kit now that Kittyhawk kit is becoming scarce.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JFM148 said:

The ESCI 1/72 jets although old, are good bargains.

If they had prices indicative of their age, they would indeed be quite a good buying option. Unfortunately, Italeri very often prices them as if they were newly developed kits. In such cases it often makes more sense to hold off on the purchase and wait until someone makes such a model from scratch. Maybe it will be still a bit more expensive, but it will surely be much better.

1 hour ago, JFM148 said:

The ESCI 1/72 jets although old, are good bargains.

Some are, some aren't. The 1st generation harriers have yet to be bettered, the 2nd generation harrier is a dog.

1 hour ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

If they had prices indicative of their age, they would indeed be quite a good buying option. Unfortunately, Italeri very often prices them as if they were newly developed kits. In such cases it often makes more sense to hold off on the purchase and wait until someone makes such a model from scratch. Maybe it will be still a bit more expensive, but it will surely be much better.

Nobody is selling yesterdays kits at yesterdays prices. 

23 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

Nobody is selling yesterdays kits at yesterdays prices. 

Well, Italeri was selling old Supermodel kits very cheaply for a while. And they were quite popular, because beginners could buy something bigger for less money.

Of course Italeri has to take into account the rising prices of raw materials, energy and so on, but all the old moulds have long since paid for themselves. In the case of many of them, using prices as for a modern product is foolishness, because these kits simply do not sell and you can see them in the distributor's warehouse still after a few years.

• Like 1