Beagle CC1 Basset help, please

Hi all, and a happy New Year to all. I have just begun building two Airfix Bassets as XS743 of the ETPS from the latest Air Graphics Testing Times sheet of decals, and XS770, as a flying one from the Queens Flight from the AirDecal sheet of a few years ago. Sanding the rivets back has been done and now I am up to interior work. Can any of you knowledgeable gents on the other side of the world help me with the interior colours. I rather like Adey's choice from his build a year or more ago but need a bit more detail. A deep dig on t'internet reveals a million shots of the canine version of a beagle or a basset but nowt on interiors; of the aircraft, not the dog!!. As  a member of Air Britain I have drawn a blank there as well, so I am turning to the real experts! Thanks in anticipation of an avalanche of information!! Cheers from the Antipodes where it was balmy 28°C today, but the Barmy Army had not much to cheer about, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Hi Horatio,

This link may also be of use, it gives some indication of the seat layout options available, though it doesn't help much with colours.

Beagle Basset 206 manual

and a few photos of my finished build can be found here, it's the second entry on Page 2.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235021286-gallery/page/2/#comments

Good luck with your builds.

21 hours ago, speedy said:

Hopefully this link works. From memory it was grey. If you fast forward to 23.50 help yourself.

What a pleasant reminder of the days when TV documentaries treated their audience as moderately intelligent adults.  Nowadays, in the interests of "accessibility", we'd have an excited commentary, possibly from some minor TV "celebrity", stressing to us that the crew are just seconds away from a terrible death plus the trainee test pilot telling us how frightened he was and the trauma he suffered from being told his response was unsatisfactory.

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I was interested in the corrections that nimrod54 had made to the empennage on his Basset model. It took a bit of tracking down, so if anyone else is interested, here is a link to his build

http://britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235021315-kit-starter-beagle-basset-206-finished/

Interesting, and a nice build @nimrod54, Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was interested in the corrections that nimrod54 had made to the empennage on his Basset model. It took a bit of tracking down, so if anyone else is interested, here is a link to his build

http://britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235021315-kit-starter-beagle-basset-206-finished/

Interesting, and a nice build @nimrod54, Cheers.

One big 'boo boo' on that build is that he painted the lower fuselage/wings/engines in aluminium silver, whereas ALL RAF Bassets had these areas painted Light Aircraft Grey.

I have flown in XS770 ' the Reagle Beagle'. Carpets and interior below the window line were dark blue. Seats were also dark blue leather. Roof interior wsas cream. Hope this helps.

Edited by AMB
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all chaps - the shared info is really helpful,  and John ( Nimrod54 - one of my musical favourites BTW!), your build was an absolute stunner and full of great tips , a million thanks. I can now make a heap of progress with my builds. AMB , the colours for royal aircraft is particularly helpful. Unfortunately I don't post images on BM as I find the rigmarole of using third party to host images a real PITA - sorry. However, I love looking at all your work from the Antipodes and have met up with a couple of you on my infrequent visits to England ( I caught up with Jonners at Farnborough in 2018), and i hopefully make appreciative comments about your masterpieces. If I am allowed to refer to AMWS ( another modelling web-site), then I will point you to Hyperscale where my work appears under the moniker of 'gcarter17'. Thanks again.