PK-123 Wellesley Mk.I - Finally done!

51802873023_f1d4c094e9_b.jpg

51803112569_41a07faeb4_b.jpg

In with this gem, excuse the photos, it’s early. Will be a delayed start as ‘down South’ in Doncaster this weekend

SD

Edited by Swamp Donkey
Title update
  • Like 16

Well done SD, making this Wellesley WIP thread goes towards starting so your off and running me lad! 

We can't have enough of these long winged, fabric skinned aeroplanes on here so seeing another WIP is great news indeed. 

Cheers welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 2

If, and it’s a big if I can get my act together, would love to do the twin seat Hunter too. On an entirely different note, was up early this morning putting myself through the torture of listening to Test Match Special….things get no better!!

SD

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Swamp Donkey said:

On an entirely different note, was up early this morning putting myself through the torture of listening to Test Match Special….things get no better!!

Good wasn’t it?? The highlight of my day was watching Khawaja get dropped twice in one ball, only this England team could manage that act. Better still did you hear about Bangladesh beating New Zealand… wow.. thats a turn up for world cricket! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Good wasn’t it?? The highlight of my day was watching Khawaja get dropped twice in one ball, only this England team could manage that act. Better still did you hear about Bangladesh beating New Zealand… wow.. thats a turn up for world cricket! 

The Bangladesh team are no mugs (unlike us 😩), and yes, was keeping an eye on that Test Match

SD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Which option are you going for? Regular bomber or the L.R.D.U. ?

Chris

Not decided yet, need to do a little research first. I know nothing about Wellesleys, so a massive thank you to rossm who has sent me some reference material

SD

Just doing a fictitious busy up of the interior, and will chuck in a couple of seat belts before I button this up. I’m off to London on Thursday morning for one or two refreshments, so there will be a slight lull in progress for a few days

51814971590_6c41fb273a_b.jpg

51814595574_135d39ee32_b.jpg

SD

• Like 13

Nice progress and you’ve got it hand it to Matchbox’s kit designers for they certainly nailed that geodetic structure effect on both this and their earlier Wimpy kits.. Yes, the cricket was quite exciting towards the end and should be celebrated as a ‘small win’…well played lads. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

The fit of this kit is really quite good. You have a few options bomber or Long Range Record job. You could always go a little off piste and do it in Dark Earth and Mid Stone.

I have built this kit five times and got interested in its history. It lends itself quite easily to a bit of butchery. Here is four I made earlier. The biplane prototype, the monoplane that flew against it and got the contract, the production prototype and a Long Range Job

IMG_0860

IMG_0861

• Like 17

12 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

The fit of this kit is really quite good. You have a few options bomber or Long Range Record job. You could always go a little off piste and do it in Dark Earth and Mid Stone.

I have built this kit five times and got interested in its history. It lends itself quite easily to a bit of butchery. Here is four I made earlier. The biplane prototype, the monoplane that flew against it and got the contract, the production prototype and a Long Range Job

IMG_0860

IMG_0861

Nice builds! I may go down the dark earth/mid stone route. Managed a couple of hours this morning. Standby for (rubbish) photos

SD

• Like 1

A little progress this morning, probably won’t get much more done before Sunday as I’m away for a few days again

51828308289_7753283485_b.jpg

Built a rudimentary wooden floor, but not too much to see once closed up

51827965661_b1da45fe45_b.jpg

A few more floorboards. Will close up fuselage, affix cockpit and let that dry. May get the wings on later

SD

• Like 9

Nice progress SD and those pre-production versions look superb mate, they deserve a seperate RFI thread so that others can marvel at your excellent work. Love them all. 
Cheers.. Dave