PK132 - Heinkel He 70 Spanish Civil War

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I am surprised, that it is 29 years between them two...

And now imagine that only 67 years passed from the death of Napoleon Bonaparte until the birth of our grandfather, who, after all, was buying gifts not only for us, but also for our children.

Time flies by unimaginably fast...

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

That (they) look lovely Jerzy. Very impressive paintwork and attention to detail. You’ve done a great job of one of Matchbox’s great kits. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Thank you! Hawever  - it was not finish yet! 

Today I have finished adding some (small) traces of exploitation. I have to wait with photos to gallery for a better weather...

51853135514_0a049eca71_o.jpg

51852810766_24b77d7a35_o.jpg

So, I  hope to to do those photos soon....

Cheers

J-W

• Like 6

Nice looking model. I know the patterns are different but would the colours be similar to the RLM61/62/63/65 scheme that the Luftwaffe was applying to front line aircraft from 1936 onwards?

Pete

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PeterB said:

I know the patterns are different but would the colours be similar to the RLM61/62/63/65 scheme that the Luftwaffe was applying to front line aircraft from 1936 onwards?

Thank you! Indeed, the Spanish He70 were painted using those German paints,  First He 70 arrived to Spain (to Seville) in October 1936 and were in non-camo scheme of light grey overall with black nose and a strip on fuselage with white arrow on this - the same like these days both Lufthansa and Luftwaffe Heinkels. There were camouflaged in an early 1937 and then they were repainted from time to time (on photos the same machines are seen with different pattern and fonts of numbers). After SCW they served in bare metal livery with black nose again...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1