New 1/72nd Arma Models P-51B/C Mustang Mk.III, 441 Sqn. RCAF, UK 1945

Hiya Folks,

Well what can I say about this kit,.... but,..... WOW!!!  I loved Arma`s Hurricane`s and Wildcat`s,...... and they have followed on with a brilliant early Merlin P-51B/C which simply blows the opposition out of the water!!! OK,.... at £20 plus is isn`t exactly cheap,...... but it is a modern, state of the art kit which does include optional parts inside the box for all variants of the P-51B/C including optional tail fins and even has parts for the F-6 Photo Recce version,.... and like other Arma kits, further boxings with less decal options (there are 6 in this kit) and without the additional etched brass harnesses and paint masks are also on the way which will be more affordable too. 

Although I liked all of the kit decal options and will build most of them over time,...... I had a 441 Sqn Mustang Mk.III in mind for my next P-51 kit and so chose this instead,..... here is the aircraft;

P-51-HB876.jpg

Here is my WIP;

And here is the model;

DSCF3031-NEW.jpg

DSCF3045-NEW.jpg

DSCF3043-NEW.jpg

DSCF3019-NEW.jpg

DSCF3045-NEW.jpg

DSCF3009-NEW.jpg

DSCF3005.jpg

DSCF3011-NEW.jpg

DSCF3012-NEW.jpg

DSCF3016-NEW.jpg

DSCF3004-NEW.jpg

DSCF3005.jpg

DSCF3029-NEW.jpg

DSCF3017-NEW.jpg

DSCF3040-NEW.jpg

DSCF3025-NEW.jpg

DSCF3049-NEW.jpg

I really enjoyed this kit and will ( hopefully!) be building many more of these as I have quite a lot of Mustang models planned for the future,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 70

8 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Folks,

Well what can I say about this kit,.... but,..... WOW!!!  I loved Arma`s Hurricane`s and Wildcat`s,...... and they have followed on with a brilliant early Merlin P-51B/C which simply blows the opposition out of the water!!! OK,.... at £20 plus is isn`t exactly cheap,...... but it is a modern, state of the art kit which does include optional parts inside the box for all variants of the P-51B/C including optional tail fins and even has parts for the F-6 Photo Recce version,.... and like other Arma kits, further boxings with less decal options (there are 6 in this kit) and without the additional etched brass harnesses and paint masks are also on the way which will be more affordable too. 

Although I liked all of the kit decal options and will build most of them over time,...... I had a 441 Sqn Mustang Mk.III in mind for my next P-51 kit and so chose this instead,..... here is the aircraft;

P-51-HB876.jpg

Here is my WIP;

And here is the model;

DSCF3031-NEW.jpg

DSCF3045-NEW.jpg

DSCF3043-NEW.jpg

DSCF3019-NEW.jpg

DSCF3045-NEW.jpg

DSCF3009-NEW.jpg

DSCF3005.jpg

DSCF3011-NEW.jpg

DSCF3012-NEW.jpg

DSCF3016-NEW.jpg

DSCF3004-NEW.jpg

DSCF3005.jpg

DSCF3029-NEW.jpg

DSCF3017-NEW.jpg

DSCF3040-NEW.jpg

DSCF3025-NEW.jpg

DSCF3049-NEW.jpg

I really enjoyed this kit and will ( hopefully!) be building many more of these as I have quite a lot of Mustang models planned for the future,

Cheers

Tony

Fantastic as usual.

Alain

• Like 1

That really is outstanding Tony....   I have a Arma Hurri in my stash, but yet to start it, they do a brilliant kit Arma for the price...

£20 these days for the enjoyment you get from it is not bad really...

I'm doing a starter kit Zero at present and also have the Tamiya version - 8 marking options .... Although the Airfix version is fine the Tamiya quality as with Arma is well worth the extra Dosh...

ATB...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACALAIN said:

Fantastic as usual.

Alain

Thanks Alain,..... very kind of you mate.

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Wow indeed, Tony! Stunning Mustang. 

Cheers mate,..... it is a lovely kit. 

1 hour ago, DigDoug said:

That canopy is just amazing. It looks better than most 1/48 kits. Very thin and no distortion at all.

The clear parts are superb and not too fragile either,..... optional opened and closed canopies for the standard and Malcolm hoods too. 

1 hour ago, Hairtrigger said:

That really is outstanding Tony....   I have a Arma Hurri in my stash, but yet to start it, they do a brilliant kit Arma for the price...

£20 these days for the enjoyment you get from it is not bad really...

I'm doing a starter kit Zero at present and also have the Tamiya version - 8 marking options .... Although the Airfix version is fine the Tamiya quality as with Arma is well worth the extra Dosh...

ATB...

Thanks mate,..... Arma have been a great addition to the market with some beautiful kits and this one is well up there with their other models, great engineering too. Good luck with the Zero`s.

1 hour ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Another cracking model Tony, beautifully finished,  Don't often see this canopy version in silver.

Thanks for posting.

Colin

Cheers Colin..... glad you like and cheers for the kind comments,...... yeah silver Mk.III`s in RAF markings are quite rare.

28 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This looks absolutely stunning Tony, I picked a bad day to give up buying kits 😄

Great work on this lovely model Tony

Chris

Thanks Chris,..... very kind of you mate,...... and oh yes,.... bad year to give up really, looking at some of the announcements already,....... we`ll see what Airfix announce on the 10th eh? 

• Like 1

Oh Tony, you've done it again. SWMBO has just simmered down after your escapades with Airfix's new Mosquito, which caused a couple of deliveries from Postman Pat to wend their way onto my To Do pile. Now I've got to plan another supply drop of Arma's new comestibles!

Seriously though, this Mustang is well up to your usual very high standards.

Chris.

• Like 1

Stunning work Tony - I would've thought 1:48 if you had not said orherwise! Lovely build & finish,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Valleyforge said:

Great finish on the paint work. I wish I could get my metallic finishes like that. Suppose that will come in time. Just finished a Mustang. However, dont think its close to this. 

Thanks mate,.... all it is, is a rattle can, gloss varnish for the decals, then matt varnish on top,....... giving the model a bit of a buffing up at the end,....... I`m sure that your model looks excellent. 

2 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Amazing Mustang, a superb rendition !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman,..... very kind mate. 

3 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

This is an impressive Mustang Mk III. Once again you did an excellent job Tony! 👏

Thanks mate,..... very kind of you again. 

3 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Very well done! Excellent finish.

Thanks mate. 

54 minutes ago, RMCS said:

Fantastic work 

Cheers mate. 

40 minutes ago, cngaero said:

Oh Tony, you've done it again. SWMBO has just simmered down after your escapades with Airfix's new Mosquito, which caused a couple of deliveries from Postman Pat to wend their way onto my To Do pile. Now I've got to plan another supply drop of Arma's new comestibles!

Seriously though, this Mustang is well up to your usual very high standards.

Chris.

LOL,.... Sorry Chris!! Cheers mate and glad you like it,..... in a similar manner I am awaiting a drop off of a couple of SH Meteor NF.11`s,...... we all walk that very tight line,.... haha!!

34 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Stunning work Tony - I would've thought 1:48 if you had not said orherwise! Lovely build & finish,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,...... it really is a stunning little kit,..... so glad that you like it mate. 

15 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Brilliant, just brilliant.

A belter of a Mustang.

Love the matt finish.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,...... glad you like it mate,...... I was worried that I had over done the matt finish, but it just didn`t look right shiny!! 

1 minute ago, woody37 said:

Looking forwards to seeing another 20 of these roll off the line next week mate 🤣

Gorgeous as usual, it looks like a great kit.

LOL,.... cheers Neil,..... mind you,.... I will be buying quite a few more of these, especially when the cheaper boxings are released.  Yes mate,.... it is a lovely little kit,.... with so many optional parts,..... everything you need really, all in one box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tonyot said:

LOL,.... Sorry Chris!! Cheers mate and glad you like it,..... in a similar manner I am awaiting a drop off of a couple of SH Meteor NF.11`s,...... we all walk that very tight line,.... haha!!

Damned right we do.

I'm building up courage to place a small order SH's NF12s and NF14's together with some of Valom's finest in the shape of a Valetta C Mk1, a T Mk3, a DH91 Albatross a  DH 95 Flamingo, a SA Twin Pin and an HP Harrow..

My dilemma, do I place four smaller orders and suffer four separate rocket displays, from the Mistress of the Blue Horizon, or do I place the order in one go and face the equivalent of the Sidney Harbour Bridge's New Year's Eve firework display?

Now, am I a man or a mouse?............. er......would someone please pass me the Stilton?

Edited by cngaero
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cngaero said:

Damned right we do.

I'm building up courage to place a small order SH's NF12s and NF14's together with some of Valom's finest in the shape of a Valetta C Mk1, a T Mk3, a DH91 Albatross a  DH 95 Flamingo, a SA Twin Pin and an HP Harrow..

My dilemma, do I place four smaller orders and suffer four separate rocket displays, from the Mistress of the Blue Horizon, or do I place the order in one go and face the equivalent of the Sidney Harbour Bridge's New Year's Eve firework display?

Now, am I a man or a mouse?............. er......would someone please pass me the Stilton?

LOL,.... Oh mate,.... decisions decisions eh,....... Those Valom kits are not cheap,...... so maybe split the difference and go for two parcels? That being said,... those Valom kits do sell out very quickly too,..... I`m not helping much am I? 

Edited by tonyot
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cngaero said:

Damned right we do.

SWMBOd maybe has her own Internet shopping frenzy planned? .. I'd say you both get to 'trade' and there's nothing like a bit of retail therapy v Hobby Retail therapy to start the new year off with! Buy them and be damned! Or you can have the delivery address switched to a co conspirators abode  and  have them secreted within the Stilton to avoid detection ..LOL.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Beautiful Tony. I love the way you've painted it. That finish is from a rattle can? Amazing! I have to say it looks like 1:48 not 1:72! A Mustang Masterclass indeed! 

Regards, Andy

Thanks Andy,.... glad you like the finish,..... I wasn`t all that certain myself!! It looked too shiny so I dulled it down with a thin coat of matt with the markings receiving  few more coats using a smaller brush,.... hoping that the underlying silver would still shine through and look like weathered bare metal?  

• Like 1