Eduard 1/48 FW190 F-8

Here I have for everyone my build of the Eduard Profipack FW190 F-8. I decided to go with the Hungary winter camouflage scheme used in 1944 and early 1945. The kit like most Eduard kits was of excellent quality and detail and really couldn't fault it at all. Recently I have heard some of the Eduard decals have been a bit of a challenge but in my case they where excellent, just a bit of micro set and micro sol did the trick, nothing stronger was required. 

As for the paint scheme, I started by priming the aircraft in Mr Finishing Surfacer 1500 grey then I went for a original RLM 74 and 75 camouflage for the period, using Mr Hobby Aqueous paints. The bottom of the aircraft I painted with RLM 76. Once I was happy with the first layer of camouflage I then went over this in Flat white to achieve the desired effect. This took me a fair while but I think my patience has paid off. Then I weathered the aircraft with oils and washes. 

Please give me your critique and feedback as I'm still very new to the hobby and have much to learn.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 38

@MattH912, as with your FW 190D-9 you've done a great paint job and this build looks great. There are only two things I would recommend:

• Remove the chipping from the propellers. They are on the wrong edge and I don't think these propellers chipped showing metal underneath. They were wooden and fabric covered.
  • The spinner is way too shiny, even for a museum example. If you can spray some flat coat on it, that will improve it dramatically.

For being new to the hobby, you have some serious painting skills. Well done.

Cheers,

Wlad

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mig88 said:

Apart from echoing Wlad's comments above, I think you've done a fanatasic job with the scheme. A real stunner!

Miguel

2 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

Excellent paint job.

2 hours ago, Tokyo Raider said:

Wonderful FW!

On 07/01/2022 at 08:53, mick said:

great work

On 07/01/2022 at 07:04, Walter said:

You like your 190's don't you! As do I, beautiful work.

On 05/01/2022 at 22:43, RMCS said:

Niiiice 

Thank you very much all for the nice words

That looks good, some nice painting and effects. Again, I won't repeat Wlad's comments, but I'll add that the Fw190 have a very apparent stance, created by the angles of the legs and the axles. 

It might be the proximity of the camera to the model, but this appears to have the wheels insufficiently canted and perhaps a little toed inwards. It's a very distinctive feature of the 190, and worth getting right (Tamiya messed it up out of the gate with their 190 as they are too short) and is quite quickly noticed. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Parabat said:

That looks good, some nice painting and effects. Again, I won't repeat Wlad's comments, but I'll add that the Fw190 have a very apparent stance, created by the angles of the legs and the axles. 

It might be the proximity of the camera to the model, but this appears to have the wheels insufficiently canted and perhaps a little toed inwards. It's a very distinctive feature of the 190, and worth getting right (Tamiya messed it up out of the gate with their 190 as they are too short) and is quite quickly noticed. 

spacer.png

I will definitely keep this in mind for my next 190 build, I tried to keep it as close to the reference on the instructions but I most likely got it wrong. Thank you very much for the guidance and image to help me in the future.

• 4 months later...