PK-506 D.H. Sea Venom FAW.22

Hello everybody
This will be a build of a Revell issue of Matchbox's DH Venom kit - there are two of these kits in the GB, @bigbadbadge is also building one (link).
Hopefully, this one will be an Australian example ...

The box has seen better days: Venom_000.jpg

The plastic looks sound
Venom_001.jpg

Venom_002.jpg

Venom_003.jpg

Venom_004.jpg

Venom_005.jpg

Venom_006.jpg

Venom_007.jpg

Venom_008.jpg

The instructions and decals have gone AWOL ...
Fortunately, Scalemates have a scan of the instructions, so taking a look at those shouldn't be too hard.

The decals ... just before New Year, I ordered some decals.  They are shipping from Aus, but I hope they'll be here by the end of the month 🤞

• Like 9

What’s better than a 1/32 Sea Venom……. A 1/32 Sea Venom with Aussie stickers on! (With apologies to Chris of course!). 

I honestly think its amazing that we have quite a number these large Green series 1/32 kits on show here, they really were bold ventures and its so good to see Revell kindly reissuing them for later generations to build. She’s gonna be a cracker Robert, looking forward to watching this WIP. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 2

Thanks Dave, think this will be my first build with a 'roo on the transfers ... sort of feel we don't get quite enough sun here to display the models in their natural light.

BTW, Australia Post have just told me that my stickers are about to hop over ... 🦘

• Like 1

Oh, dear, six pages of builds here ... I'm never going to find the builds I'm following, never mind my own.

OK, some progress today, in preparation for priming.
The instructions start with the engine, but everything has to be painted, from step 1.
OK, so I've started with things that can be assembled ready for painting - left & right halves, top & bottoms or front & back for the aircrew.

Venom_009.jpg

• Like 9

I know what you mean about the six pages….. try hosting this GB @Robert Stuart!! 

Those Sea Venom parts look lovely and I’m sure once all the internal bits are ready, the rest will all fall together quite nicely. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You have my sympathies, Dave - so many builds, and for such a long time span.

This time, with no progress to report, the thread had drifted down to page seven (of eight).
My excuse for the lack of progress is that, with winter temperatures, no priming could be done ... IMO, acrylic paints need temperatures of 7C for a week to form durable paint films.

There has, however, been progress on the decal front
Having spent about a fortnight at Brisbane airport - these arrived yesterday:

Venom_010.jpg

Venom_011.jpg

The decals themselves are commendably thin.

• Like 6

On 1/26/2022 at 6:31 PM, Robert Stuart said:

Having spent about a fortnight at Brisbane airport - these arrived yesterday:

OK.. I’ll confess Robert, I work at Brisbane Airport and was fondling your decals all week, I then got the guilts so decided to send them on! 

No seriously, they do look good and will be the perfect addition to this excellent kit. Now get a move on, you’ve got a big Sea Venom to build. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Robert

This build needed rescuing from page 11 of 12 of the current builds.

Now that Dave has finally been persuaded to release the decals, have you done any more since we last heard from you ?

Cheers Pat