Miniart SLA APC T-54 with Dozer Blade - 37028 Full Interior. ***FINISHED***

3 hours ago, edjbartos said:

I just hope I haven't overdone the chipping and worn effects

No, it's like it is with some cockpits; you tend to need a bit of stage make-up to compensate for the lack of light when viewing.

That engine, by the way, is rather nicely finished. It's as good as the official build of MiniArt's separate engine kit.

• Like 1

Hi there folks, just a quick update. I have now started to add items to the baseplate. First off I added one of the sides with the ammo boxes then the unit next to the drivers seat. Added the wall that separates the main compartment from the engine and added the storage box along with fire extinguishers in front of it. Then finally added the engine at the rear, this is now slowly taking shape...

Here are a few photo's to show my progress so far...

y4m09Jy6kQK8aa3yT1WrwBRhhZ0mMPjOcpHDm4Ey

y4mJT_W66nhtyZn4LptBo8oxk6M7yIPMQTrB1s6R

y4mp1p1oh_9BjUMjy_8PCwsocCOt1tyJx_AMHY-i

Next up is assembling and fitting the other side and rear panels of the tank, will be back as soon as that is done...

As always thanks for looking in

all the best

Ed

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That looks superb Ed. You certainly haven't overdone it with the chipping. It's got a very worn (and realistic) look to it. Nice work.

John.

Thank you John, I appreciate that, I did wonder and first..

all the best

Ed

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

And it is good.

I'm going to buy one of these tonight! I'm inspired!!!!

Edit: Done!

That's made me laugh Bertie, good on you, it will be good to see how you get on,

thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

• Like 1

15 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That's made me laugh Bertie, good on you, it will be good to see how you get on,

thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

I got carried away and bought a Toyota 'Technical' with a big gun in the back too. You are costing me a fortune Ed! I see a mid-east diorama in my future.

Will you be doing a diorama?

• Thanks 1

Great work Ed, looking fantastic.

Did i see one of these with plastic garden chairs in somewhere? Not sure if it was a real photo or a model, or maybe i dreamt it 😄

George

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, APA said:

Good grief! That is first class 👍

Andrew 

Thank you Andrew, much appreciated

Ed

6 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I got carried away and bought a Toyota 'Technical' with a big gun in the back too. You are costing me a fortune Ed! I see a mid-east diorama in my future.

Will you be doing a diorama?

Sorry about that Bertie, it's only money 😄. Not sure about a diorama, not really done one before, perhaps I should start with this one, I'll see...

all the best

Ed

6 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Great work Ed, looking fantastic.

Did i see one of these with plastic garden chairs in somewhere? Not sure if it was a real photo or a model, or maybe i dreamt it 😄

George

Hi George, I've seen several photo's of similar models all with different  bits and pieces added to it, from boxes and crates to a pair of ladies high heels! I suppose anything goes...

cheers

Ed

• Like 4

Hi everyone, carrying on with the baseplate, I have now painted and weathered the other side...

y4moBgH3ZrQuYJ-0RpDR0LOhW2IcN5gQjsIHZtit

Then glued onto the baseplate along with the rear panel. It's a nice easy fit all round, a few photo's to show where I'm at...

y4m7IBbc_AWaLki7kluDBLi3GDmuRK8eaLQeuGqj

y4mUEQvOvT8nJGFhaJ92mkXdiyWr2P1rHlk0wfur

y4mwPxxRz23Ka0oPQ21HbeGNvfLXocmE79L09xd5

Also I have decided to purchase metal tracks from MasterClub, I liked the ones that I had on the T-34 so I thought I'd try them on this one, the detail on these are really nice so I will look forward to doing these...

y4mVYFLxZp_rhezvEZA0ZfTUht4OMN29lwTQ0_6M

That pretty much completes the interior work on the APC, next up is to start work on the exterior panels, I will be back when I've made further progress...

all the best

Ed

• Like 14

Oh, it does look good, Ed.

I like the worn look of the interior a lot.

3 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

How do those tracks compare with Fruil? I've never used Masterclub before.

My experience with MC tracks is that these are far superior to Friul in both casting and assembly. 
Only thing to note is that when burnishing fluid is used to finish the tracks, the resin pinheads need a tad of paint afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent work Ed. How do those tracks compare with Fruil? I've never used Masterclub before.

John.

55 minutes ago, vaoinas said:

Oh, it does look good, Ed.

I like the worn look of the interior a lot.

My experience with MC tracks is that these are far superior to Friul in both casting and assembly. 
Only thing to note is that when burnishing fluid is used to finish the tracks, the resin pinheads need a tad of paint afterwards.

Thanks both for your kind comments, I've never used Fruil before John, In fact I've only ever done one set of metal and that was Masterclub on my last build on the T-34. I really liked them that's why I bought them this time round. They come with resin pins as Kristjan mentioned which are a bit fiddly but ok to assemble. But the holes go straight through so you could put in your own wire instead if you wish. After burnishing as Kristjan said you do need a spot of paint on top of the pins to blend them in .

Cheers both, have a good one

Ed

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That interior is superb, Ed. Very artistic and realistic at the same time. The painting tells a long sad story.

Thank you very much Bertie, I really appreciate your kind comments...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diablo rsv said:

Excellent progress Ed, it would take me months to get that far.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, this seems to be going quicker than normal for a Miniart build, then I looked at the instructions and realised I have still another 45 stages to go 🤣 I'm not even half way yet. Not to worry I'm still enjoying the build.

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking wonderful Ed, really nice work.

Never tried the MC tracks myself only ever used Fruils, of which I've always been quite happy with.

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl, much appreciated, need to try Fruils one day and compare...

all the best

Ed

A quick update on my build, I'm now fitting the top part of the APC. The glacis plate is glued into position but the other plates at the top are just placed on top. I'm going to have the main top plate removable so that you get a better view of the inside as well as having the engine cover removable. Here's a couple of photo's to show where I'm at....

y4mgy6jgOPdqJFloHN28UNxTEj6ZL2sbuKN43hwQ

y4m7sF31Wfcx29WZ2uEX-8EN3d0TX8ROCe7fIQre

There are two retaining bars on the engine cover, which come with far too many gates to clean up nicely,  so I made my own as replacements from copper wire.

y4mxPJsYE_EQKTkZw7gVoFfUMb_1GDjFPbBZ1XRF

The bars in place, not glued yet,  they look much better...

y4mlZ_e8-Uek1VdHkzgNBlZFe-zhqkGsQiZ5XM-b

Then I came to the radiator grills.... Bertie, if you are reading this, seeing that you have just got one these, your in for some pain my friend, PAIN! 🤣

y4mKVMsCF-1jl9C_xDv5qYRTjX8Sb-TnGtgiUJtF

Seriously it's not as bad as it looks, the first one took a while and a bit of language, but when I got into the swing of things the other was much faster...

That's it for now, next up I believe will be the guards at the top of the APC, then the fenders. I will be back when I have some more to show...

All the best and thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Bertie, if you are reading this, seeing that you have just got one these, your in for some pain my friend, PAIN! 

I am. And I am. But the result looks pretty good. I can bear the agony of the build for the ecstasy of having it in the cabinet. 

Can you recommend any good reference books, Ed?

• Like 1