Miniart SLA APC T-54 with Dozer Blade - 37028 Full Interior. ***FINISHED***

Hi guys, hope everyone is well, onto my new build which is Miniart's SLA APC T-54 with Dozer Blade. There is only one version in the kit which is the South Lebanon Army, 1980's, so that's the one I'm going to do 🙂. I bought this over a year ago, I just liked the unusual colour scheme and that big red dozer blade, it was an easy decision to buy. As usual the kit comes in a big box, the whole lot has a good weight to it and as usual packed full of sprues. Miniart seem to have drawn upon their other T-54/T55 kits and have included multiple sprues where only one part is required. There is no turret on this model and yet I get a couple of  gun barrels, oil tanks etc. At least I'll shall have some extra parts for my spares box.

A couple of photo's showing the box art and then the colour scheme. 

y4mgR4-fuHGGFI7zzkvQu0KEDu1YXpH8_yx7RCyr

y4m9C1BpgOKSNTY7lb2w45WDVk03sNgUSBVUkqzV

The nature of the environment where this vehicle has been situated will call I think for quite a heavily worn tank and the red dozer blade should be interesting to do with lots of scratches and weathering etc. I think I'm going to build straight out the box, there's no tow ropes to buy, I'm not sure at the moment regarding the tracks. I've done these before on a T-55 and they seemed ok, but then again I really like the tracks made by MasterClub, I'll decide later on.

I started work on the engine, which is typical of Miniart giving a really nicely detailed part, quite a lot of the assembly has been temporarily stuck with Maskol so that I could make sure everything fits together. I have pre-drilled the holes in the manifolds ready for me to add copper wire for the injection pipes after I have finished painting.

y4mDpEJ1YJzbkeGGqEQN2bTp0tqPLI_HpTjN-hfi

y4m5yAwFYncyiA4buASIyeqHMyTwIYpSVxmsFWmn

y4mJpVRk3APCiahr1j2q2dO_tBt6QFpdxk1-6MiZ

That's it for now, I will be back when I have finished painting the engine.

All the best and thanks for looking in.

Ed

Edited by edjbartos
  • Like 15

It looks really very interesting!

And the colors are very unusual, but interesting nonetheless, the finished machine will look great. Especially knowing that all your tanks look great.

Today is probably the day of especially good models - you started SLA APC T-54, and I received in the morning a gift from a friend - Tiger I early production from Border.

I'll take a seat closer to the stage if you don't mind.

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

Interesting tank, I'd be inclined to look at the Chernobyl clean up vehicles and maybe do it as one of those !

That's an interesting idea, never thought of that, but for this tank I will stick with the SLA Blue as it's so unusual, plus I've all the paints on order now.

thanks for the info

Ed

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vytautas said:

It looks really very interesting!

And the colors are very unusual, but interesting nonetheless, the finished machine will look great. Especially knowing that all your tanks look great.

Today is probably the day of especially good models - you started SLA APC T-54, and I received in the morning a gift from a friend - Tiger I early production from Border.

I'll take a seat closer to the stage if you don't mind.

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas, yes I agree the colours are unusual which is a big reason for picking this up, this is typical Miniart, offering an unusual subject, hopefully should be fun to do.

thanks for commenting

Ed

34 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I'm in for another Ed miniart build!

Darryl 

Thank you Darryl, you are very welcome my friend. Hopefully shouldn't take as long as my last build as I've no turret to do, that should shave two months off😁

thanks

Ed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ed. Happy New Year. Now that's a bit different! I'm looking forward to following your progress with this one. :popcorn:

Kind regards, 

Stix

Happy New Year to you Stix, Yes I agree as soon as I saw this I thought the same, a bit different to what I have done before, especially with the Dozer blade. Should be fun, I hope !

all the best

Ed

32 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

No doubt, you will do this justice, and it will be a pleasure to watch it progress.

John.

Thank you John, really appreciate that and glad to have you along...

Ed

12 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

This is a fascinating subject and judging from they engine, a very nice kit. I've never seen anything like it before. Definitely one to watch

Hi Bertie, It was one of those tanks that as soon as I saw It I had to have it. I have never seen one before that's why I'm fascinated by it...

thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jack Klugman said:

This looks like an interesting build, I need to pick up a miniart T55 kit at some point

Hello Jack, thanks for looking in and commenting, I do like to do the odd Miniart kit, In fact that's all I've ever been doing on this site. I've still another 3 lined up after this one. I have done a T-55 full interior before and it's a lovely kit to do, well recommended...

thanks again

Ed 

Hello everyone. a little update on my model, I have now painted the engine. I did this differently to my last few engines in that rather than have everything glued together and paint everything in situ, this time I'd fixed everything together with maskol so it was easy to disassemble and then paint and weather individually, then put back together again. I used 0.3mm copper wire for the injection pipes after assembly. Here are a few photo's...

y4mFbszcyJ6n5q14txk2duxFKWHyvAdut8_lIHce

y4mCZpkdxIRVh_HnJLv1c1bkGWobQGxINsIp_el6

y4mDa0hVJTNUDuzmYFhI929uhsg1S31q5PiJ-pEO

y4mIRR5fyKrTMvrDlL69u0tarrF3LtXUYAjTV0lW

y4mh2Pz8MfauRWfXMdNfaS4wCDsdc82SlG8zZJIJ

Next up is the base assembly, will be back when I've made progress..

thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 14

The difference in the paintwork, when you paint before assembly, is startling. It looks very good I think. I will be taking that route with mine in the M3/4 GB later in the year.

Will you be adding some oil leaks and overall grime to your engine once it's installed?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

A very nice work Ed! :clap:

Cheers

LM

Thank you LM I appreciate your comments...

Ed

2 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

The difference in the paintwork, when you paint before assembly, is startling. It looks very good I think. I will be taking that route with mine in the M3/4 GB later in the year.

Will you be adding some oil leaks and overall grime to your engine once it's installed?

Hi Bertie, Thanks for your comments, I found it easier to apply weathering doing it this way so will be interesting to see on your M3/4. I have applied grime to the bottom part of the engine, it doesn't show so much in the photo's but I haven't added the oil leaks which I usually do, so thanks for the reminder...

Ed

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

That looks excellent Ed. If the rest of it is as good, it'll be top notch.

John.

Hope so John, as always thank you for commenting It's really appreciated...

all the best 

Ed

• Like 3