Miniart SLA APC T-54 with Dozer Blade - 37028 Full Interior. ***FINISHED***

30 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I am. And I am. But the result looks pretty good. I can bear the agony of the build for the ecstasy of having it in the cabinet. 

Can you recommend any good reference books, Ed?

Hi Bertie, I bought this book when I built my T-55... I bought the Kindle version from Amazon as I found it easier to view the images on my pc rather than the book...

y4m_loWLpuKdur1Sl1vjowxCpY63nI57_teMzP3K

A lot applies to the APC body, sadly the APC is not featured in the book. There are a few photo's on the web, not all that clear I have to say. I have seen museum photo's of the APC, but I question the colours as they seem far too blue, should be more of a blue/grey in colour

all the best

Ed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Nice subject Ed, and looking very good as always, love the rusty and well worn interior paintwork ;)

Matt

Thank you Matt, really appreciate you looking in and for your comments...

Ed

17 hours ago, edjbartos said:

A quick update on my build, I'm now fitting the top part of the APC. The glacis plate is glued into position but the other plates at the top are just placed on top. I'm going to have the main top plate removable so that you get a better view of the inside as well as having the engine cover removable. Here's a couple of photo's to show where I'm at....

y4mgy6jgOPdqJFloHN28UNxTEj6ZL2sbuKN43hwQ

y4m7sF31Wfcx29WZ2uEX-8EN3d0TX8ROCe7fIQre

There are two retaining bars on the engine cover, which come with far too many gates to clean up nicely,  so I made my own as replacements from copper wire.

y4mxPJsYE_EQKTkZw7gVoFfUMb_1GDjFPbBZ1XRF

The bars in place, not glued yet,  they look much better...

y4mlZ_e8-Uek1VdHkzgNBlZFe-zhqkGsQiZ5XM-b

Then I came to the radiator grills.... Bertie, if you are reading this, seeing that you have just got one these, your in for some pain my friend, PAIN! 🤣

y4mKVMsCF-1jl9C_xDv5qYRTjX8Sb-TnGtgiUJtF

Seriously it's not as bad as it looks, the first one took a while and a bit of language, but when I got into the swing of things the other was much faster...

That's it for now, next up I believe will be the guards at the top of the APC, then the fenders. I will be back when I have some more to show...

All the best and thanks for looking in

Ed

Yes, it looks painful, but that is some good metalwork. Nice one Ed.👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's coming on a treat Ed. I really like what you did with those bars. Save's a lot of cleaning up.

John.

Thank you John, not sure about cleaning up, in my case I would be glueing the broken parts together, this was a less painful job...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Yes, it looks painful, but that is some good metalwork. Nice one Ed.👍

Thanks Stef, appreciate that, it’s not so bad once you get into a rhythm...

thanks for commenting, all the best

Ed 

Hello everyone, a quick update, carrying on with my build, things are starting to take shape, I have added the fenders and exhaust, also have added the shields/guards for the personnel. Here are a few photo's...

y4mrxPR3F-4moFYWgF7yNBb-ft_Jq-jijn9txWoM

y4m-7mSscQqDonqZRXwgZSSStq6_rqM5_DkX1v4U

y4mrDPWdIDuCTr_r5hswtaLPtXONhBrrMe679uO6

I have added the radiator grills, will probably need to do some damage to these in a bit, they look too neat and proper. I have also added a bit of PE to the backplate...

y4mYTNMS239utywJwjtSpk2VW2BtYvybzNitRjiH

That's it for now, next up are the front mud guards, fuel tanks and tools etc. Will be back when I have more to show...

all the best

Ed

• Like 17

11 hours ago, vytautas said:

You are doing great! It looks like another great and interesting looking tank will be made soon

Vytautas

35 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

It's looking the business Ed. I like the etched work.

John.

Thanks for your comments both, not too far to go now, just a lot of little fiddly bits to do before I get to the tracks which I'm looking forward to doing. Then it will be the dozer blade, that should be interesting...

all the best

Ed

• Like 2

On 09/02/2022 at 17:39, edjbartos said:

Hello everyone, a quick update, carrying on with my build, things are starting to take shape, I have added the fenders and exhaust, also have added the shields/guards for the personnel. Here are a few photo's...

y4mrxPR3F-4moFYWgF7yNBb-ft_Jq-jijn9txWoM

y4m-7mSscQqDonqZRXwgZSSStq6_rqM5_DkX1v4U

y4mrDPWdIDuCTr_r5hswtaLPtXONhBrrMe679uO6

I have added the radiator grills, will probably need to do some damage to these in a bit, they look too neat and proper. I have also added a bit of PE to the backplate...

y4mYTNMS239utywJwjtSpk2VW2BtYvybzNitRjiH

That's it for now, next up are the front mud guards, fuel tanks and tools etc. Will be back when I have more to show...

all the best

Ed

As always top class modeling Ed!

MD

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

It looks very strange now. The outside looks like a model but you kinda glimpse 'reality' lurking within.

Wait until I paint it blue Bertie, now that is going to be strange...🙂

Ed

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Progressing really nicely Ed,  some nice work with the pe too!

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks for your comments Darryl, that's much appreciated, nearly there with the body construction then the tracks and the dozer blade...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ed. Great to see your excellent work continuing on this lovely build! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks Stix, just starting to put the finishing touches to the body now, then will get on with the tracks...

thanks for commenting and all the best

Ed

• Like 1

Coming towards the end of the build now regarding the body, I added the mud flaps at the front, I thinned them a little where the rubbers are and bent them a little as they looked a little too straight. I've also added the tools with their PE brackets...

y4m48e1eiaQUfebdi3SLLlgtLjZui7KjtkjrlabB

Here I've added the fuel tanks and fuel pipes and the two machine guns... 

y4mGpMj2DI90Foa0vXcofRHh4YLHWRt3tY2TEReD

y4mdEkIP37H2QcjQO6hMaENzHzK66dqSXkL7NRDk

A view of the machine guns, It's the first time I have seen Miniart provide PE for the shrouds that go around the gun barrel. They look a whole lot better than just the moulded type of gun. They do provide a  moulded type of gun as an alternative if you prefer not to do the PE. The gun on the left I think is a Russian NSV machine gun, here I replaced the plastic gun barrel with aluminium tubing...

y4mJk0t9NdKF3jxb8bOT6BbppDOEafHs8GuiOXdU

Lastly I made up some mud flap retainers from copper wire, again it was easier to make up than to clean up the plastic ones.

y4mBihuhOgBQldBhZE3lvcFrVlj82uFm5VFVQP4x

There are still more small bits and pieces to add on, but I've left them off for now because they are quite small and fragile and with handling the body a lot there would have been a good chance of breaking them off and losing them...

One thing I need to do soon is to add the periscopes for the driver, I was initially going to leave them to the end but realised they really need to go on soon, before I start painting.
So for the photo's I have just placed on the road wheels and now I will need to start making up the MasterClub tracks, which I will start looking at that next week.

So I will be back when those are complete.

All the best and thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 13

Is it just me or do you appear to be really cracking through this build. :thumbsup:

More lovely pe work too, isn't that a .50 cal up front rather than a NSV?

(I'm no expert in any way and happy to be corrected btw!)

Looking good!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Nice little added touches Ed and those guns do look good.👍

Thanks Stef, that’s much appreciated. I’m really pleased  the way the guns had turned out, I’m glad that miniart gave the option to do them this way. At least if I made a mistake I knew that I had an alternative to go to...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1