1/48 - Bugatti-De Monge 100P racer by Special Hobby - released

Homebee

After the 1/72nd kit (link), Special Hobby is to release a 1/48th Bugatti-De Monge 100P racer kit - ref. SH48219

Sources: 

https://www.specialhobby.net/2022/01/sh48212-siebel-si-204e-148-frezujeme.html

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SH48219

(...) Na jedné z nich se již připravuje přípravek pro formu Bugatti 100 1/48.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 2:54 AM, JamesP said:

Do you think some manufacturers are fed up of the "nice, but wrong scale" comments :D 

They should have done it in 1/35th scale (just to kill 2 birds with one poorly aimed stone)

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:56 PM, Admiral Puff said:

You too?!

I reckon it will pretty much fit in my hand when finished, and I have small hands!

I combined some maths and googling and came to the conclusion that a 1/48 Bugatti 100P will be smaller than a 1/72 Hawker Typhoon.

• 1 month later...

Looks like this is available now on the Special Hobby website. I can't tell if it's pre-order or not (it says it's in stock) and I can't find it on Amazon or Ebay yet. I haven't tried other online model shops, but the 1/72 version became available on Special Hobby's site before anywhere else too.

EDIT: Scratch that. It didn't come up when I used ebay search for it, but when I searched for it on Google, an ebay link came up! Looks like it's hit the shelves.

Edited by kiseca

33 minutes ago, kiseca said:

Looks like this is available now on the Special Hobby website. I can't tell if it's pre-order or not (it says it's in stock) and I can't find it on Amazon or Ebay yet. I haven't tried other online model shops, but the 1/72 version became available on Special Hobby's site before anywhere else too.

NO. Take care: it's the old 1/48th Planet Models resin kit, not the future Special Hobby 1/48th injected plastic kit.

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/planet-models/bugatti-100-racer.html

V.P.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bugatti-De Monge 100P racer by Special Hobby - sprues - release in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bugatti-De Monge 100P racer by Special Hobby - sprues - release August 2022
  • 3 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bugatti-De Monge 100P racer by Special Hobby - sprues - release in 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bugatti-De Monge 100P racer by Special Hobby - released
  • 2 weeks later...

..and I got mine!

It looks like on the photos. :)

It looks better than the Planet Model resin kit, in that there are more details on the fuselage and in the cockpit.

The canopy is clear, the parts look good, with a bit of flash, but not more than can be cleaned up.

The ailerons and rudder/elevator is a bit simple really, and the tailwheel will have to be removed and rebuilt. Oh, and the tail's ejector pins will ahve to be sanded down, or they wont fit together.

Its a simple enough plane and kit.