RN Lynx HAS 2/3 marking sizes

dambuster

No luck with any of my references or internet search  in trying to find out the actual size (height) of the ROYAL NAVY titles, code number and serial number on the Lynx HAS2/3.  Can anyone provide these dimensions please?

Looking for the white markings on MSG finish (1990s on) and the black markings on the DSG finish in the 1983/4 timescale.

Thanks

Peter

ROYAL NAVY and cabin door codes - 8"

A/C serial numbers and ship's flight code on tail - 4"

Ship's name on nose - 1.5 - 2" depends on who applied them.

Xtradecal (X72157, X72158) do sets of black and white stencils in various sizes for 1/72. The 2" letters will be hard to find. Look up Railtec Transfers, they do a lot of waterslide decals for model railways in  various fonts and sizes.

3 hours ago, ACDC said:

ROYAL NAVY and cabin door codes - 8"

A/C serial numbers and ship's flight code on tail - 4"

Ship's name on nose - 1.5 - 2" depends on who applied them.

Xtradecal (X72157, X72158) do sets of black and white stencils in various sizes for 1/72. The 2" letters will be hard to find. Look up Railtec Transfers, they do a lot of waterslide decals for model railways in  various fonts and sizes.

Thanks, I thought that they would probably be ‘standard’ measurements. I tried measuring some 1/48 decals but they came out as equivalent to 9”-10” for the RN and door codes, so wondered if a bespoke size had been used.

Peter