Renault 5 Turbo Tamiya 1/24

Hello everybody

I will present you my previous build, just before the A112 Abarth I begin few days ago.

It the civil version of the this famous Rally Car, I decided to build in metallic black and grey for the body, in "camel" for the seats& the dashboard and with a grey carpet.

After long time of research, it seems this color association (the same as presented on the Tamiya box) has been built only the last year of production of the 5 Turbo mark1. This association has been extended to the mark2 but with new seats and a new dashboard (the same as the 5 Alpine).

Just one mistake or choice different from the genuine version, the alloy wheels I decided not to diamond-cut

wo4u8k.jpg

4wkcri.jpg

ohd0z0.jpg

5qgs58.jpg

y2qq4y.jpg

cgr66b.jpg

• Like 25

Nice. My math teacher used to have one, back in the '80's. He was a pretty young guy then, early twenties I think. We didn't really take to him, but on the other hand we respected him because of this little bomb that he drove 🙂 

By the way @Rubinho, welcome to the forums! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JeroenS said:

We didn't really take to him, but on the other hand we respected him because of this little bomb that he drove

We had the same thing at school.
One of our teachers had a Mini Cooper S. I don't know whether he was popular cos he was a good bloke, or because of the Mini ... :)

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments.

Indeed, it's one of my favorite car even if I prefer the Peugeot 205 (gti and T16).

But my teachers didn't have such a car... First because I lived in Paris when I was student so they came by bus/undergroud or feet, and secondly, the one who came by car had very bad taste (I remember my biology teacher always had VW sedans ; jetta (mk1 & 2), vento... not very sexy 😝

Edited by Rubinho
  • Like 1

On 04/01/2022 at 13:26, JeroenS said:

Nice. My math teacher used to have one, back in the '80's. He was a pretty young guy then, early twenties I think. We didn't really take to him, but on the other hand we respected him because of this little bomb that he drove 🙂 

One of your teachers, in his early 20s, had an extremely expensive, brand new, actual Grp B road car? What kind of a school did you go to...?!

54 minutes ago, Anteater said:

One of your teachers, in his early 20s, had an extremely expensive, brand new, actual Grp B road car? What kind of a school did you go to...?!

The kind where you stood out if you drove a car like this!

He was very different from the other math teachers who had wrinkly clothes and yellowed index en middle fingers... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...