Another 1/48th civil Chipmunk

One of my Christmas projects was this civil Chipmunk using one of the new Xtradecal sheets. As I intended to dispaly the canopy open I also used one of the recent Eduard sets, namely the Look SPACE set which included some seatbelts, instrument panels, sidewall placards, the essential canopy masks and some resin wheels. Hopefully someone will soon do a resin engine and suitably thinned cowlings too?

Anyway, thanks for looking and a Happy New Year to you all.

51799003024_d1e05e593b_b.jpg1 

51799002994_1e44290e6d_b.jpg2 

51797687742_46d656eaf9_b.jpg3 

51798759023_5252970d3a_b.jpg4 

51799364435_8b5108f262_b.jpg5 

• Like 43
  • Thanks 3

A really lovely build. Lovely finish for the silver dope too, it highlights the excellent detail of the kit.  I am collecting my third kit this week and it might be my first new build for 2022.

Lovely! Superb paint, for me this is the miniature version of reality that we're all striving for.

The Airfix 1/48 Chipmunk seems to have inspired some of the best models I've ever seen, similarly the new Eduard Zlin Z-226. Is this a trend? I hope so!

7 hours ago, k5054nz said:

When I saw "civilian" I was really hoping it was in this scheme, what a beautiful job! Congratulations, she's stunning. It's hard to tell from the photos but did you manage to avoid Droopy Wing Syndrome?

Thank you for your kind comments.

No problem with the droopy wing syndrome. I think I can take credit for curing the problem back in July last year.  It's simply a case of removing the lower wing locating pins as the tight tolerances causes the pin to force the wing apart as it doesn't sit in the hole correctly. This also helps in lining up the wingtip nav lights properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'll never get bored of seeing Chipmunks on the forums especially if some are built with the civilian markings, you've got a stunning silver finish on those wings, a flawless build for sure!

Cheers,

Mark

On 1/5/2022 at 9:20 PM, keithjs said:

No problem with the droopy wing syndrome. I think I can take credit for curing the problem back in July last year. 

In that case, I think the Chipmunk modelling world owes you quite a debt!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, k5054nz said:

In that case, I think the Chipmunk modelling world owes you quite a debt!

That’s kind of you to say so but I’m sure someone else would have discovered it soon enough..

• Like 1