Emhar Mk. A Whippet in 1/35

Mk A Whippet was a British WWI medium tank that was taken into use in March 1918. The tank weighed 14 tonnes and had a crew of three men. Its armour was 14 mmm thick, it had 4 machine guns and the top speed of the tank reached 13 km/h. The Whippet was probably the most successful British tank of the Great War causing a lot of casualties among the German troops. For instance on June 8, 1918 in the attack of Amiens the Whippets broke through the German lines causing the Germans to lose their artillery and letting the allied forces surge through.

I made my model from an Emhar kit that in my opinion was quite ok as to the fit of the parts and cleanliness of the molding. In the construction of the model I used various pictures and other sources on the net that I found of the Whippet .

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Hi Einar, great job!

I don’t know anything about English tanks, but it looks really nice. I really enjoyed the painting and the weathering, looks brilliant

Vytautas

Thank you Vytautas,

Einar

5 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Nice one, Einar. You captured the feeling of weight and solidity of the thing. It looks like a mountain!

Thanks Bertie,

Einar 

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

Nicely painted & weathered. Only the rubber tracks let the kit down.

Pete

Thanks Pete!

You're right about the rubber tracks😧

Einar

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vytautas said:

Hi Einar, great job!

I don’t know anything about English tanks, but it looks really nice. I really enjoyed the painting and the weathering, looks brilliant

Vytautas

Cant agree more... but I think the photos don't help a little showing the work you've done, especially the background....

Congratulations mate!

Cheers

LM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Cant agree more... but I think the photos don't help a little showing the work you've done, especially the background....

Congratulations mate!

Cheers

LM

Thank you mate!

Einar 

• Like 1