PK-102 BAC Jaguar S

38 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Yeh...    I still sometimes have gluey fingers.  Or spill MEK on the model!   Have a look at my thread in the F/A-18 STGB...   :wall:   

I've just learned how to rectify the damage not how to prevent it... :fraidnot:  

Your build thread!? I must take a look...

I spent the summer of 1976 flight testing Jaguar handling characteristics with stores (lots and lots of stores) at BAC Warton. And on a boating holiday on Loch Ness/Loch Lochy we would see Jags streaking beneath the hilltops on low level training missions. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

• Like 1

Just catching up on a few of these threads Enzo... apologies for the delay. Great progress mate and double points awarded for overlooking those canyon trenches and building this one Straight OOB

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Slight variation on the theme - whilst there was a decent LMS 4 miles away when I was a kid, and the WH Smith branch also sold a few models, my local newsagent was not really into mainstream kits and just sold a few odds an ends. However I suspect that the local Chemist was a modeller as he did sell a wide range of Airfix kits and in the early days he even had some of the small (1/1200 scale?) "Eagle" warships - Battle of the River Plate etc if you are old enough to remember them. By the time I decided I might buy some, they had apparently gone bust so all I ever built was a KGV battleship.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

Onward!

The model was primed with my usual grey plastic primer from a rattle can.

spacer.png

Then sprayed with Xtracolour XA1004.

spacer.png

Xtracolour dries glossy and I find that it usually doesn't need any laquer to protect the surface from masking, si it was straight on with the blutak worms, tiny masking tape squares and Copydex.

spacer.png

The Dark Green was sprayed with Xtracolour XA1001.

spacer.png

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Stickers on!    These are the original Matchbox decals.  In my concurrent A-7 build I commented on how well the Matchbox decals behaved for that kit, even though it was over thirty years old.  Well, these decals are even older.  Still went on well.

spacer.png

All the greeblies are laid out ready for fitment.

spacer.png

My next uodate will probably show it completed.

• Like 25

A very neat build Enzo, and such speed. My Siskin is crawling by comparison. Never built the Jaguar kit, it was around when money was tight and I was very selective (ie was it cheap?) about what I bought. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 12jaguar said:

is the checkerboard in the right place as I've never seen one in that location before?

As far as I know, the squadron marking was never carried on the nose.  If this were a Jaguar build, that would be totally inaccurate.  But it's not.  It's a Matchbox kit nostalgia build. :)  I'm following the kit, regardless of whether it is accurate.

But I must admit, it has me itching to build a 54 Sqn Jaguar from one of the Italeri kits in The Stash...

• Like 4

This one I never built but would of loved it, I got the Airfix Jag instead. The Build looks Awesome and I love the way you went with the transfers and how you used the Matchbox locations instead of where they normally go. I just might us the Decals I got in build for that authentic feel.

• Like 1

Wow Enzo, Jag’s looking the business and has come alive now it’s all ‘stickered’ up. I do like the way you are honouring Matchbox’s incorrect Squadron cheques location, that’s perfect to my eye and I applaud you for sticking to your plan. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...