Dauntless SBD-3, new Flyhawk 72nd

Evening all,

Here's a few pic's of the new Flyhawk Dauntless... kit is very well detailed for a 72nd scale kit, but not the most straightforward of builds...

Made out of box except for rear guns... had to replace with set from Master after breaking kit bits...

Last pic is on the deck of USS Enterprise prior to Midway, along with Airfix Wildcat (Deck is wrong scale, and wrong colour) I think they look well together....

All comments welcome

DaveH

y4mMUCAA6FM__Y3WY4JdiMDMZnOAAUXCSbTeLpw7

y4mK5xLGi-YszFkUma09UqZjE7KbK0zIF1UKkflh

y4mHccCQuJjcvfWhJRjc3a37BjGYC_BeorYKgYA8

y4mizvesuTYUXRzCHjFnERfSr1qF5SF_iuCuINq1

• Like 58

Afternoon, thanks for the comments... 

NavyWessex, lot more modelling skills required than you would expect on a new kit, especially fitting the lower wing... had to do a lot of carving to get it to fit. When you build yours, DON'T use setting solution on dec's, mine fell apart !! Will still be having another one though...

pizzapaolo, not sure about dive brakes, I've not got any detailed references for the Dauntless... anyone else know ??

thanks again,

DaveH

• 7 months later...

This SBD looks stunning. You did an excellent build. The Wildcat next to it on the carrier deck is also looking great Actually it is the first time I see a build of the the new Flyhawk model. I really hope that this company is going to release the other subtypes and the A-24 as well.

• Like 1

Cracking job! I have a few Naval aircraft in these colours, and they always look great on completion, yours is looking brilliant 🤩. I haven’t built a Dauntless yet but I have a diecast model of it.

• Like 1