Phantom FG.1 892 style...

Finally finished the 892 build...This is the 1/48 Hasegawa Phantom FG.1 in the markings of 892 NAS, circa 1978. This particular aircraft, XT859, had participated in the record breaking trans Atlantic race in 1969.

Used MRP paints throughout, weathered using oils, decals came from many sources - the side and wing codes were sprayed on. The crew access ladder came from Flightpath, seats were from Aires, cockpit details and chocks were scratchbuilt - plastic card., wire...

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by TEZ
font size
  • Like 73
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic, Really great job

The faded colouring of the grey is perfect and titanium stabiliser and heat shields finish looks very realistic as does the cockpit and canopies.  The subtle detail in some areas would suggest that you have worked on these aircraft or have a very good eye.

I can only hope mine turns out as well when I get a chance to start it.

Phabulous! I got one in the stash but can't find the decals I want. Phantoms were my favourite aircraft growing up, until I got into WWII fighters.

Cheers,

Wlad

15 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Good looking Toom, nice Matra pod too.  :thumbsup:

Shame its not a Matra pod! 🧐

You mean nice No7  2" Rocket pod!

One small point for information,  A red band on the pod denotes its for ground training use only.

Selwyn

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Selwyn said:

Shame its not a Matra pod! 🧐

You mean nice No7  2" Rocket pod!

One small point for information,  A red band on the pod denotes its for ground training use only.

Selwyn

Very interesting…Only model from photos so who knows…😊

1 hour ago, TEZ said:

Very interesting…Only model from photos so who knows…😊

It's not wrong, could have been using the aircraft for ground training, or used the pod for display purposes.

Selwyn

• Like 1

This is a thing of beauty, I love the phantom, like a few others I really should get mine out of the stash and onto the bench (not that it will match this effort). I really like the markings as well, stunning all round.