PK-506 Venom NF-3/Sea Venom FAW-22

18 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Okay folkes I have found a major problem   the seats won't  fit in the cockpit, see below  not sure what to do

I really don't know how to respond to this...  :lol:  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

the seats won't  fit in the cockpit, see below  not sure what to do

You're gonna need a bigger boat kit....!! 

It is a great demonstration though of the immmmmmense difference between the one true scale and those humungous 32nd scale things!! :)

Keith

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

It is a great demonstration though of the immmmmmense difference between the one true scale and those humungous 32nd scale things!! :)

Keith

Meh 32nd scale kits are tiddlers....24th now that's what I'm talking about 😆👍

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Nothing a bigger bubble canopy wouldn’t fix.

😄 I may have touse a light bulb!!!

12 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

A few wafts with a sanding stick and you’re good to go. 😂

Love the positive mental attitude Johnny 😄

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I really don't know how to respond to this...  :lol:  

Nor me😉

20 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Keith

😄 got those two notes in my head from the film now!!! Yes certainly does Keith.  Looking at the 72nd bang seats next to these ones, they look teeny weeny.  I will post a photo at some point.

9 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Meh 32nd scale kits are tiddlers....24th now that's what I'm talking about 😆👍

😄My word, a 24th scale Sea Venom would be awesome.

I would say size isn't everything , but I know I would be opening myself up to some comments,  so I better not say that!!! :whistle:

Chris

• Haha 6

Hi all, 

A bit of progress  not much but some progress, I have other builds on too and at the moment there are not enough hours in a day. 

Theseats are coming on with some extra foil to extend the main belts into the centre section and the centre belt

spacer.png

And next to one of my 72nd scale Sea Venom seats.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice progress Chris and the comparison with those 1/72 scale seats is absolutely staggering. It's all coming along nicely mate. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, I am sorry for a lack of progress on this, just trying to get one or two builds out of the way before due to lack of room and busy with work too.

Will hopefully get some more time on this soon  seats are nearly finished though.  The size difference is quite amazing really.

Chris

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Nice Chairs. 😃 the detail is amazing. 
Bravo. 🤛👏👏👏

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, I have nearly finished painting them and to make myself feel a bit better of my lack of progress I glued the wing tanks together and will be rescribing the wing panel lines later.

Chris

• Like 2

A bit of glueing has been undertaken,  not much, but some progress, the wingtip tanks are together and the outer wings are being worked on, some rescribing has taken lace and the sink marks filled with sprue goo.

spacer.png

The seat painting complete, just a wash, the buckles and the ejector handles to be added.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 8

Nice short update Chris. You gotta love that Sprue Goo. I've only mixed up my first batch quite recently and am quite fond of using it. Comes in quite handy with a lot of these old kits that need a fair bit of TLC and sanding work. 

Cheers.. Dave 

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice short update Chris. You gotta love that Sprue Goo. I've only mixed up my first batch quite recently and am quite fond of using it. Comes in quite handy with a lot of these old kits that need a fair bit of TLC and sanding work. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, it's fantastic stuff.  I am a fairly recent convert myself, but wouldn't be without it now.  Crikey they do need a bit of TLC.  Hopefully things will move a bit quicker now.

Chris 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CliffB said:

I must try that Sprue Goo too.  Do you mix it as you need it or do you make a bottle of it?

Cheers

Make a bottle up Cliff, just add as much as you feel right and then use that it does get a bit thicker with age I think. Great stuff though

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@CliffB Yes, its does thicken over time, however a little more Tamiya Extra thin cement should thin it down again. I normally just slap it on here and there, however it does need some fairly heft sanding once dry. You may also find small air holes when viewing through an optivisor, however a quick dab of Mr Surfacer will solve those little critters. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

@CliffB Yes, its does thicken over time, however a little more Tamiya Extra thin cement should thin it down again.

In the interest of economy, can I suggest looking to buy MEK instead?     For the same price as a 40ml bottle of the Tamiya stuff, you can get a 500ml bottle of generic MEK.

• Thanks 3

Hi all 

Some progress,  the seats are very nearly finished, they have had an oil wash.  I have just got to add the black stripes to the ejector handle at the top of the seat, make and add the bottom ejector handles and add some more wear

spacer.png

spacer.png

Theater wings have had the sink marks spruegoo'd and have been rescribed,  the wing tanks have been fettled and the fronts rescribed once the rear rescribed I will be able to polish them.  Tail booms together and I note the bumbets at the rear underside are the wrong shape. 

spacer.png

I am just trying to figure out how far I go with this, if I take it on  fully, then I doubt I will finish in time for the GB deadline, I am also continuing with some other builds too.

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 9