PK-506 Venom NF-3/Sea Venom FAW-22

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Looks amazing Chris

Keep going we are all with you:popcorn:

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat, I don't think I will finish by the deadline date unfortunately,  my fault,  but will keep going. I am hoping the main airframe will be together in the next day or two. 

5 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

The latest update is very Impressive Chris and I really must find the time to go back and read some of your earlier updates. Looks brilliant! 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, I am pleased with how it is turning out,  it's strange really,  as I was anxious about doing parts of it like the turtle deck area and u/c bays etc but all has worked out quite well, lots of wiring to go into the turtle deck area too.

26 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

More terrific work on the old beast Chris, this will be a really impressive result from the Matchbox kit!

Keith

Thanks Keith, I am leased with it so far, I can't believe how big it is, as always appeared to be quite a small aircraft so I thought!!! 

15 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

She looks great. Bringing back even more memories. I only just caught up. What decals do you need. I might have some stuff left over. I can’t remember if I had to get after market. I can have a look.

Glad to see the old pie tin method in action on the forum🥧. It is indeed what it’s all about. The amount of stuff I have learned from BM is massive. 

Brilliant stuff. 

Johnny

2 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

I’ve checked the tin.

Not a lot left I’m afraid. I think these look AM. But I can’t remember.

They’re yours if you want them.

52090644044_c002e203d1_b.jpg

Johnny. 😇

Thanks Johnny , that's very kind, you certainly can learn a lot on the forum which is brilliant.  Pleased with how it is turning out.  Thank you for the offer fella, but I will be doing the Royal Navy machine so will keep going with tge kit ones. 

I am hoping that the decals might be okay after advice from Pat and another on these and each decal will need to be washed with a brush and applied with Klear.

Thank you for your kind offer though, much appreciated. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Johnny , that's very kind, you certainly can learn a lot on the forum which is brilliant.  Pleased with how it is turning out.  Thank you for the offer fella, but I will be doing the Royal Navy machine so will keep going with tge kit ones. 

I am hoping that the decals might be okay after advice from Pat and another on these and each decal will need to be washed with a brush and applied with Klear.

Thank you for your kind offer though, much appreciated. 

No worries at all.

Forgot to mention how good your arrester book section looked. I remember that but being quite a pain. Matchbox left it really quite hollow. Bravo. 👏👏👏

Jont.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

No worries at all.

Forgot to mention how good your arrester book section looked. I remember that but being quite a pain. Matchbox left it really quite hollow. Bravo. 👏👏👏

Jont.

Thanks Johnny, yes they left the area rather bare, your excellent build was the inspiration fella, I was worried about the heat shield bit as not good with maths etc so was made in situwith everything taped together, I could have done with having three hands for that!!!

Chris

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Looks like hard work Chris but coming together nicely she'll look superb when finished.

Thanks Steve, yes for some reason I can't seem to build OOB and have to interfere 🤪 why o why do I do this!!!😉

Thanks 

Chris

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

A bit more progress, still way off finishing but never-ending.

Rudders and elevator actuators in place and painting of UC bays started.

spacer.png

More bits added behind cockpit from plasticard

spacer.png

Some paint on 

spacer.png

Not happy with the port side so moved one bit forward and added some extra bits  in front of Hydraulic tank.

spacer.png

All sanding now done, added slots underneath and whittling out the cartridge ejector shoots too. Will be able to get some paint on the undersides soon after they are done and the canopy goes on.  Lots of wires to add behind cockpit first though. 

Thanks for looking and thanks to Pat and Dave for hosting the GB, sorry I failed.  Thanks to Dave (Rabbit Leader) for kindly posting  some decals as mine aren't much cop.

Thanks to those who have supported, commented and liked.

Best wishes 

Chris

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I don't know if of interest but I have added the wiring to the gubbins behind the cockpit under the canopy using lead wire. I have tried to make as accurate as possible from photos,  but there are variations.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hopefully will look okay when I paint it.

Thanks for looking in.

Chris

• Like 4

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

What Johnny said - stonking indeed!! :thumbsup:

Really nice work Chris!

Keith

Thanks Keith, will have to get it painted and get the glazing installed, but I'm having too much fun with Tigermoth at the mo, although not had much time for modelling, clearing the garage for my son's car and now gathering info and photos for an engineer to assess my Fastie as the insurers have screwed me on the agreed value.:rant:

59 minutes ago, George Norman said:

Fab Work, I have one of these in the loft so taking plenty of interest here.!

Thanks Grorge, it's a nice kit that s reams out to be detailed.

Thanks guys

Chris

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

now gathering info and photos for an engineer to assess my Fastie as the insurers have screwed me on the agreed value.:rant:

Don't you just hate insurance companies, always pulling some trick or other. Hope you get it sorted OK - and not too expensive!

K

• Thanks 1

Just now, keefr22 said:

Don't you just hate insurance companies, always pulling some trick or other. Hope you get it sorted OK - and not too expensive!

K

Yes they have you over a barrel,  its a pain at the mo as got so much going on, engineer has been good  is just my steam powered computer and trying to upload and send photos is very annoying!!!  Thanks fella.

Chris

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Yes they have you over a barrel,  its a pain at the mo as got so much going on, engineer has been good  is just my steam powered computer and trying to upload and send photos is very annoying!!!  Thanks fella.

Chris

Never fear Andy J is here.....I have a 109E going spare Chris it's yours whenever you are ready....see i knew that would cheer you up 😉👍

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Never fear Andy J is here.....I have a 109E going spare Chris it's yours whenever you are ready....see i knew that would cheer you up 😉👍

😄Thanks Andy, very kind of you to cheer me up fella,  now when are you getting back onto that delicious Whirlwind :whistle:

Hope you are well

Chris

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

😄Thanks Andy, very kind of you to cheer me up fella,  now when are you getting back onto that delicious Whirlwind :whistle:

Hope you are well

Chris

I'm doing ok thanks Chris still busy with the DIY but the list of things to do is getting smaller by the day 🙂. The Whirlwind is sitting patiently in the hanger and I will definitely be finishing it off as soon as I make a return to the bench 👍. I've been using my aircraft builds as a source of inspiration for my DIY projects as can be seen in the pic below.....yes that is indeed the same colour as the tail band on my Spitfire....good old Sky 😆👍

spacer.png

Looks rather splendid methinks 🙂👍

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

How many tins of Humbrol did that take....?! 🤣

K

You heat me to it Keith😄

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Looks rather splendid methinks 🙂

It certainly does look rather Splendid Andy, cracking work,  what colour did you tell SWMBO it was??? I hope you made up a fancy paint name , moody sky or something  and not Sky type S

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

How many tins of Humbrol did that take....?! 🤣

K

I actually got it mixed professionally it's bang on Spitfire sky 😏. Infact I like it so much....yep....I've painted the kitchen with it as well 😆😆😆👍

spacer.png

Needless to say Mrs J has now confiscated the tin but once I've done the weathering and panel wash I reckon it will look awesome 🤣🤣🤣👍

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Needless to say Mrs J has now confiscated the tin but once I've done the weathering and panel wash I reckon it will look awesome 🤣🤣🤣

I am not surprised she has confiscated it.  Brilliant I do like that,  you could draw in a few fake cracks, but don't overdo it, subtly is the key here!!!:whistle:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

I am not surprised she has confiscated it.  Brilliant I do like that,  you could draw in a few fake cracks, but don't overdo it, subtly is the key here!!!:whistle:

Subtle is my middle name Chris 🙂. Mrs J says that there's never a dull moment in our house and I think that's a compliment 🤔👍

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Sky type S is certainly never dull ! 🤣

K

Glad I had the satin finish then Keith 😉👍

• Haha 2