PK-506 Venom NF-3/Sea Venom FAW-22

Looking good. It’s a great kit this one. After the office the rest comes together rather quickly. Glad you’re giving it the love she deserves. Those seats look the business in place too. 🤩

Johnny.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Great details Chris, that's looking very nice indeed, well done 👍

Cheers Greg 🍻

Thanks Greg, pleased it's coming together now.

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

All looking good Chris!

K

Thanks Keith, got to admit I will be glad when the cockpit is done.

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Looking good. It’s a great kit this one. After the office the rest comes together rather quickly. Glad you’re giving it the love she deserves. Those seats look the business in place too. 🤩

Johnny.

Thanks Johnny, yes although maybe I should have gone with some smaller kits for the GB 😄 I have a few sub assemblies already done so hopefully will go together quicker then !!!

Thanks

Chris

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 

A bit more done

The rudder pedals are cut out and made up

spacer.png

Pivot mounts added

spacer.png

Pedals glued together and dry fitted

spacer.png

spacer.png

Control stick made up using the original tidied up and the brake lever and line added

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just got to paint these bits and the cockpit will be done.

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 12

Hi all

I have been doing some work on this one,  cockpit finally in the fuselage, work is underway on the rear jet pipe, Arrestor hook fairing as very bare as it comes

spacer.png

Some weight in the nose

spacer.png

Wings together

spacer.png

sorting the sink marks and intakes lined with plasticard,  the wings have taken a few evenings work and still need more, I have fettled them against the fuselage and they now fit very well

spacer.png

Cannon bareels added along with new front undercarriage bay roof, not too accurate but better than the flat roof provided. Now all glued in to fuselage 

spacer.png

This is progressing well too, I need to try and find some images of the radio fit and might add the canvas roof over the cab

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in. 

Chris 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Lovely progress. Brings back memories of when I built this kit. Lovely stuff.

Great little track/truck too. You’ve got it all going on. 😀

Johnny

Thanks Johnny it's getting there a bit quicker now as not been doing much on my FAA thread this week, doubt I will finish on time though, not bothered though as not gonna rush to meet a deadline!!!

Chris

• Like 2

Chris, this is coming along very well indeed. I don't know how I missed this project, so I do apologise. It was a wonderful catch-up. The cockpit looks the biz, you have worked wonders in there.

All the best with the rest of the build,

Ray

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ray S said:

Chris, this is coming along very well indeed. I don't know how I missed this project, so I do apologise. It was a wonderful catch-up. The cockpit looks the biz, you have worked wonders in there.

All the best with the rest of the build,

Ray

No worries Ray, thank you for your kind words,  pleased with the cockpit and it's certainly speeding  up now.  At the moment is fill, sand and repeat in Sink Mark city!!!

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

The air intakes have had some work , they don't look bad but are slightly wrong with the air vanes at the wrong angle, so I added some thinner plasticard behind 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Once that was set I carved away the front of the vanes to look a bit more like the real thing, below the bottom one has been done, 

spacer.png

And both done, the nick at the bottom of the inner vane on the lower one is being repaired with CA and Talc as is easily carved with a scalpel 

spacer.png

Pleased with these. I can move onto scribing the panel lines on the wings and building up the surround to the arrestor hook bay and then will assemble the whole airframe.

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 10

Hi all

I have been working on the engine nacelle , Arrestor hook area with some plasticard  and filler. Its not perfect but I'm quite pleased with it so far.

spacer.png

if you did, thanks for looking.

Chris 

• Like 6