PK-506 Venom NF-3/Sea Venom FAW-22

Hi all 

I have not done  GB since the wonderful Frog Squad GB a few years ago.   I just don't seem to get the time, but this year I thought I old give it another go, I am only entering the one.  

I will be modelling the Sea Venom.  I got the kit a few years ago on Ebay and despite the damaged box the contents appear I fine fettle. I also purchases the AMS bang bang seats too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good luck to everyone on their builds

Chris

• Like 23

So good to see this beautiful kit on display and besides the rather beaten up box top, the rest of the kit looks very well preserved. I do like those AM seats Chris, can you tell me what manufacturer produces those? I’m sure this will be a popular thread and is another one of those bold but excellent subject choices that Matchbox blessed us with all those years ago. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

So good to see this beautiful kit on display and besides the rather beaten up box top, the rest of the kit looks very well preserved. I do like those AM seats Chris, can you tell me what manufacturer produces those? I’m sure this will be a popular thread and is another one of those bold but excellent subject choices that Matchbox blessed us with all those years ago. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave

Thanks Dave  I always found the box  art on these large scale Matchbox boxing fascinating and as a youngster could never get one.  I even found the Messerschmit one fascinating and apart from their great cars, I don't do German stuff myself.  I know , I am a living contradiction 🤪

Looking forward to getting my teeth into this one and will use the Spadgent's wonderful build for inspiration and reference too.  

The seats are AMS (Advanced Modellers Syndrome) and got them from BNA models world in Australia, they do a set of replacement wheels too for his kit.  I have got a few bit from them in and am really pleased with year service.  

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Great to sea this one Chris.Good luck with her.

Thanks Steve

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

and will use the Spadgent's wonderful build for inspiration and reference too.  

I was just going to remind you.... 😇

Doesn't get much better than that. Some great input and info on those pages from those that know the subject too. 

Folded? Naval? Aussie.....?? 

Or are you still weighing up the options!? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

I was just going to remind you.... 😇

Doesn't get much better than that. Some great input and info on those pages from those that know the subject too. 

Folded? Naval? Aussie.....?? 

Or are you still weighing up the options!? 

😄 Yes definitely lots of info.  I am unsure  poss unfolded, Royal Navy,  I am currently doing an HMS Centaur Sea Venom in 72nd scale which is the warm up on my FAA thread so might look at the Kit option or a bigger Centaur aircraft???

Will have to look through my decals to see if I can make up the Codes and serials.

Thanks Rob

Chris

• Like 1

Goodness me an epic kit, in similar proportions.

This was the stuff you didn't even dream of as a nipper as they were months of pocket money, plus I dread to think what a mess I would have made of it at that age, The seats look the business, it will certainly reward you if you decide to leave the canopy open.

Best of luck.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Goodness me an epic kit, in similar proportions.

This was the stuff you didn't even dream of as a nipper as they were months of pocket money, plus I dread to think what a mess I would have made of it at that age, The seats look the business, it will certainly reward you if you decide to leave the canopy open.

Best of luck.

Cheers Pat

Yes that is exactly it Pat.  I used to flick through the little Matchbox catalogue I used to have very regularly looking at all these longingly.  

The Seats are gorgeous and will hopefully have them on display with the canopy open.

Thanks Pat

Chris

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Going to watch this build with interest Chris - that original Matchbox dark/light grey plastic looks smart.

Thanks Robert, I am eager to set about the beastie,  just finishing an AEW.1 Skyraider, need to finish by Thursday otherwise I am going to have to carry out a forfeit and build an ME109, OMG so must finish, never built a German plane and not wanting to start now!!!

Also doing a 1/72 Sea Venom too, a warm up for this one😄

Chris

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Fantastic to see this lovely kit get the love she deserves. There’s a lot of work in there but a fantastic model can be had. Very good luck sir. Those seats look the business too.  I almost went for them but they would have cost more than I paid for the kit. You can if you so wish have the canopy open and closed if you keep the hinge in place. So the best of both worlds. 😀 I’ll tag along if I may to watch this beauty come together.

good luck. 

Johnny.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Fantastic to see this lovely kit get the love she deserves. There’s a lot of work in there but a fantastic model can be had. Very good luck sir. Those seats look the business too.  I almost went for them but they would have cost more than I paid for the kit. You can if you so wish have the canopy open and closed if you keep the hinge in place. So the best of both worlds. 😀 I’ll tag along if I may to watch this beauty come together.

good luck. 

Johnny.

Thanks Johnny,  I have your excellent build to follow , I will see what I can do with this one, Canwick to get  cracking properly on it so far just cut lots off the sprues and only glued together the rear end of the cockpit section at the mo, just doing little bits whilst I finish off some builds on my FAA thread. 

The seats are beauties and nearly went for the wheels until I saw what you did with your wheels, it does make it rather expensive so was glad to save some dosh.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Johnny,  I have your excellent build to follow , I will see what I can do with this one, Canwick to get  cracking properly on it so far just cut lots off the sprues and only glued together the rear end of the cockpit section at the mo, just doing little bits whilst I finish off some builds on my FAA thread. 

The seats are beauties and nearly went for the wheels until I saw what you did with your wheels, it does make it rather expensive so was glad to save some dosh.

Thanks fella

Chris

Hmm no pics yet...come on Chris pull your finger out man 😉👍

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Chris, I think we should set Andy a challenge - let's see him build one of his 32nd kits - and paint everything with a brush and Humbrol enamels..... :nodding: 

Why's it all gone quiet.... 🤣

K

Good point Keith and put a time limit on it and threaten him that he will have to build a Reliant Robin as a forfeit if he fails 😉 

• Haha 2