GWH F-14D Tomcat VF-213

I was worried that the dark wash would be too much for this build as the aircraft was kept quite clean... looks good though. 

Never have too many Tomcats....I think I'm there with you on that one. 🤞

Best wishes and love looking result

Jonathan

during the last few days, the final steps of this build have come.  Some light wear and tear has been applied on the movable wing roots. I wiped off some small dots of oil paint with a slightly moist cotton bud in an arc around the  wings rotation point.

DSC00233.jpg 

all smaller parts have now been prepared for the final assembly:
DSC00235.jpg

and after having added them, all of a sudden this build is finished! I will still make a piece of flight deck during the coming week but at least the aircraft itself has now been completed. Here already a flavour of the result. more photo's to come still:
DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

• Like 9

thanks for your response! It sounds like this setting is already becoming quite convincing. Once the extension of the tailhook is set completely in a base plate, I hope the suspended aircraft will made a good impression. More photo's on the making of the carrier deck soon to follow.

• 1 month later...

It has been some time since a last update. This was because this build stage is not the most interesting. It involved a lot of hole drilling.

I bought a display case from Trumpeter lately, this was meant as a museum diorama for a tank, therefore I needed to mare the surface even again with some PS triangles. After this I glued the base plate onto a thick plate of pliewood to act as a strong base for the tailhook to go into and support the whole model.

as top layer I drilled holes into a PS sheet in the pattern of the tie down holes in a carrier deck, holes of 3.5 mm each.

I roughened up the top surface of the base by rubbing some rough sanding paper in the longitudinal direction of the flight deck. After cleaning up the holes, the result looks like this:

DSC00290.jpg

having glued in the tie down points, my base plate is starting to look like a flight deck!

DSC00291.jpg

next step: finishing touches of the outer rims and then a nice layer of black primer. The end is neigh! 

• Like 3