1/35 Wounded stragglers, Crete, Fallschirmjägers, Gebirgsjägers, and Universal Carrier

This is my second Crete-based diorama. I aimed to show the range of units and uniforms worn during the airborne invasion. The Universal Carrier is a Riich Models' one in caunter scheme for NZ forces. This is one of the most complex vehicles I have had the experience to make and the sequence of steps in the instructions should be avoided. The figures are all Miniart and Dragon with some modifications and resin heads.

These are the references I used.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Thanks for looking and look forward to any comments.

Cheers

Jeremy

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Universal Carrier

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Figures etc

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by nimrod484
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 6

A truly stunning piece of work. The figure painting is brilliant. I also admire the effort that went into creating the base. The carrier looks like a real one shrunk down.  A very good job.

11 hours ago, Paul J said:

A truly stunning piece of work. The figure painting is brilliant. I also admire the effort that went into creating the base. The carrier looks like a real one shrunk down.  A very good job.

Thanks very much, Paul J. Rich Models’ carrier is a tough build but worth the effort.

11 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I truly admire your eye for detail (not to mention you're figure-painting skills!)

Thank you very much, Alpha Delta 210. Still some trial-and-error with my figure painting. I also tried eye decals from Peddinghaus to see what they were like. They are ok depending on the angle you look at them, but I doubt I will use them again as each figure has unique sockets,..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Fantastic work Nimrod, I keep seeing extra details the more i look. Love everything about it. Very well done.

George

Thanks very much, George. All the accessories available these days add to the enjoyment of doing dioramas for me.

14 hours ago, doxasg said:

Fantastic work, beautiful and historic layout of your diorama and realistic painting on your figures.
Congatulation.

Giannis Doxas

Thanks very much Giannis. Just in case you didn’t notice, the Maleme sign is in Greek characters

• 2 months later...

Another outstanding dio. 

The groundwork is very convincing for Crete, the design of the terraces gives that natural verticality necessary for a dynamic dio.

The figures are great, They are all different personalities and I have enjoyed looking at them individually and together, and working out the stories you are telling with them.

I have a tiny quibble with the carrier in that I can't understand how the track got into that face down position at both ends. It just puzzles me.

The overall impression I have is of heat, sweat, defeat and of course, jubilation for the victors. It's lovely work Nimrod, well done.

On 14/03/2022 at 22:34, Bertie Psmith said:

Another outstanding dio. 

The groundwork is very convincing for Crete, the design of the terraces gives that natural verticality necessary for a dynamic dio.

The figures are great, They are all different personalities and I have enjoyed looking at them individually and together, and working out the stories you are telling with them.

I have a tiny quibble with the carrier in that I can't understand how the track got into that face down position at both ends. It just puzzles me.

The overall impression I have is of heat, sweat, defeat and of course, jubilation for the victors. It's lovely work Nimrod, well done.

Thanks for your extended comment. Much appreciated. This is the reference photo I used for the track position.

spacer.png

• Like 1