Another old newbe

DD_Crash

Hi, I have just joined as I want to get better at building kits.  I last built in the 1970s so I am very rusty. My interest was re-kindled by the Airfix Vulcan. I do a lot of combat flight sims and there was a photo of an incredible build. I looked on youtube and started watching Nigel's modelling bench channel. I was really interested and so I bought a 1/48 TSR2 to build when I become good enough.  I have a couple of 1/32 WW2 kits to improve on before attempting the TSR2. My son was going to throw out the Airfix Bismarck as it was really bad, lots of flash and some warped parts. I have started to get practice sticking stuff together and I am getting practice in filling and sanding. I have an airbrush and in a couple of weeks I will get a spray booth and then I can learn to do that. I am looking forward to the big build and I also want to build a couple of tanks and fuel dragster funny cars.

• Like 4

Welcome Dave! You've started the new year by joining in with a bunch of incredibally talented (not me), amazingly knowlegable (again, not me), enthusiastic (ohhh, I qualify), and sometimes grumpy (look at that, 2 out of four) modellers!

No matter what you build you'll find not only inspiration but encouragement from everyone here!!!

DennisThe(Antipodean)Bear